Data Licensing Director at CCC
CCC Information Services Inc. is the technology platform for the underwritten assets economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries – insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more – to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC’s network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC’s tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. CCC’s principal PE investors are Advent International, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Oak Hill Capital Find out more about CCC Information Services by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
Position overview In this newly created position, the Data Licensing Director reporting to our EVP CFO, Chief Administrative Officer. The Data Licensing Director will have 2 primary functions: the first is to review our Manage Data License agreements to ensure they are properly structured. This individual will also partner with our Strategy and Product Management Teams on identifying new potential data partners that will support our product roadmap. The second, is to build out a Strategic Sourcing capability within CCC. The individual will establish a procurement function focused on building a governance structure with established metrics and monitoring mechanisms across our core business, Auto and Physical damage (APD), Casualty, and OEM businesses
Specific responsibilities and activities:
· Manage existing data licensing agreements and develop performance/relationship management metrics to assess performance as well as ensure they are aligned with our overall corporate strategy
· Partner with our Legal Department on all contract management
· Identify alternate data sources and potential relationships to ensure that we are positioned effectively in the market
· Partner with our Strategy and Product Management Team as we identify to potential products to identify the best potential data partners.
· Act as sourcing subject matter expert in consulting with the business to identify, develop and deploy best practice procurement and supplier management; sourcing/procurement scope will include data and content services that drive our products, excluding IT and facilities-related vendors
· Develop organization-wide procurement and sourcing function to ensure the organization achieves visible results
· Provide in-depth analysis around spend, supplier assessment, financials and market data/price trends to improve vendor selection, define contracting terms/goals, and reduce costs
· Undertake thorough due diligence with potential partner companies in order to assist internal stakeholders with selection of the right option, including the identification of alternative sources which may mitigate business risk
· Lead cross-functional negotiation teams to perform contract negotiations with selected suppliers
· Establish KPIs to track and monitor supplier and process performance/service level, mitigate risk and develop contingency plans
· Analyze opportunities to improve existing contracts
Competencies and abilities:
· Experience managing data licensing agreements
· Establishing KPIs to be able to assess 3rd party data partnerships
· Strong working knowledge of relevant licensing concepts and contract terms
· Ability to assess and mitigate risk from a company, project, business, financial and contractual perspective, including a working knowledge of legal terms and conditions, long-term impacts of various business terms and conditions
· Demonstrable experience in creating vendor/partner relationships that made the environment more cost effective as well as structurally diverse.
· Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships and collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Previous experience partnering with Strategy and Product Teams on new product creation is a plus
· 7-10 years of sourcing experience, preferably in a B2B software or Technology company that relies on multiple external data sources
· Knowledge of technology / software industry and/or experience in other sectors where licensing is prevalent (e.g., pharmaceutical, medical devices, telecommunications)
· Demonstrated experience sourcing diversity owned vendors
· Undergraduate degree; graduate degree beneficial
About the company’s Commitment to its employees:
We offer a competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, and stock options.
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and values, and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate and stay strong. We regularly measure our employee’s engagement and job satisfaction and consistently score well above industry norms – our employees love their jobs!
Why Choose CCC?
We make it a priority to keep employees enriched, healthy and happy.
· Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, leadership development opportunities and training and learning programs,
· Healthy - Wellness programs and Perkspot/employee discount program
· Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program and flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building
Our benefit plans include: medical, dental, vision, paid vacation/PTO/holidays, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k) plan with company match and more.
CCC Information Services was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago, by Built in Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago.