Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 800,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Avant is looking for a Data Management QA analyst to join the team in Chicago. As we improve and refactor our big data infrastructure, we need to ensure that the data used for internal and external reporting remains consistent. You will work with members of the Data Management and Data Services teams to build tooling for large-scale data validation, then leverage this tooling to validate the completeness, timeliness, and accuracy of raw and transformed data sets.
What you do at Avant:
- Developing and implementing tooling to assess the validity of data sets.
- Writing SQL and Python code to analyze trillions of data points across thousands of tables.
- Performing exploratory analysis in Jupyter and Looker to support ETL development and QA.
- Modeling and validating data warehouse tables for new product and platform launches
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field (e.g. mathematics, statistics, finance, computer science, engineering, etc.)
- 1+ years’ experience in data analysis, preferably working with large data sets
- 1+ years’ experience with SQL
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Experience working with a Business Intelligence tool is a plus.
- Experience working with Python and in a Hadoop environment is a plus.
Check out our Avant Blog!
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.