Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 700,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Avant is looking for a Senior Data Management Manager to join the team in Chicago.
What you might own at Avant:
- Responsible for setting the vision for the entire data warehouse data model
- Ownership of several data tools and programs, including Looker (BI), data quality, Alation (data catalog), and data governance
- Manage the performance of the team, including 1:1s, performance reviews, goal setting, and professional development
- Collaborate with business leaders to ensure that data is central to all of Avant's future initiatives
- Provide guidance to other teams on business and technical data projects
- Stay informed about new technologies and trends in the data space
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- 6+ years of relevant data management experience and 2+ year of technical management experience
- 6+ years data modeling and architecture experience
- 5+ years managerial experience, proven leadership abilities
- Experience with technologies like Spark, Hive, Dremio, and Airflow
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.