Data Modeler, Analytics
Job Description Summary
This role will be required to develop integration data models between multiple disparate data sources and consolidate them into a single common data model, or enterprise data model. Unlike many enterprise data models, this one will actually be used as a key component of the Next Generation Big Data Platform. On a day-to-day basis, the successful candidate will be proficient in data modeling techniques, and well as capable of discussing and communicating business rules, and how to implement those rules in a data model. Collaborative, good communication skills, a strong work ethic, and a willingness to pitch in and get the job done are essential characteristics for the successful candidate.
- 1- 2 years of experience in relational database as Data modeler/ ETL developer/ BI developer or Data Analyst.
- Knowledgeable of all data model types and terminology including OLTP/OLAP, Normal Forms, dimensional, star, snowflake, cube, and graph/NOSQL.
- Be able to speak to the differences in data modeling technology and philosophies of Codd, Kimball, and Inman.
- Understand and clearly define differences between entities, tables, attributes, and columns.
- Have mastery of tools such as Oracle SQL Developer and MS SQL Server Management Studio enough to perform data profiling -- expert level in SQL.
- Data profiling, assessment, and defining data changes needed to make the data the target level of business usefulness Data mapping from source to target data models.
Preferred Skills But Can Be Learned In the Role:
- Experience in Erwin and/or ER Studio tool to design the conceptual, logical and physical model.
- Understand and apply data naming standards, and explain your definition of "best practices in data modeling".
- Vehicle insurance industry business practices and business model for conceptual modeling, and identifying data quality and business rules needed for effective use of the data models by business users
- Vehicle insurance terms and differences used in the industry by different insurance carriers to develop common and custom naming and business definitions for the data model.
- Understanding of HDFS and Hive, and considerations for defining data structures in this environment.
- Metadata management in a big data environment.
- Familiarity with R, and/or Python.
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!