Envoy Global is on a mission to disrupt the global immigration process. Our patented online platform integrates the best of people and technology to streamline, simplify and expedite the immigration process for employers and individuals.
Working alongside our affiliated law firms, we are giving companies the tools they need to hire the best talent from around the world, send talent where it’s needed, and help support foreign workers and immigrants throughout the process. We’re a fast‐growing, award‐winning technology company, a leader in our space, and are backed by some of the country’s leading venture capital and growth equity firms.
This role intersects data modeling and data architecture to provide data modeling solutions to our development teams. The person in this role will work closely with Technical Architects, Data Analytics & BI Engineers and Feature Engineering teams to deliver conceptual, logical and physical data models that will be implemented in our ODS and DW.
- Work with application development teams to implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models
- Create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy and data security
- Take ownership of Application Database schema and ensure data modeling is done per modeling best practices
- Closely work with the BI & data engineers and business teams to ensure the effective translation of business and technical requirements into the logical, physical and conceptual data models for our Data Warehouse to enable self-service BI
- Provide DDLs to the implementation teams
- Lead and participate in design workshops to facilitate an understanding of business data needs and how they are mapped to the data model
- Articulating data modeling principles to developers
- Perform data profiling/analysis activities that will help establish, modify and maintain a data model
- Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts. Explore data to reverse engineer existing underlying models
- Communicate clearly and effectively with stakeholders
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related field (hands-on experience trumps)
- 4+ years of experience as a Data Modeler or a related role
- Master’s in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or similar
- Very strong in ER and Dimensional Modeling with 3+ years of experience with Modeling tools like ERWin
- Knowledgeable in Data Modeling and Data warehouse concepts
- Demonstrated ability to write SQL/TSQL queries to retrieve/modify data
- Knowledge and know-how to troubleshoot potential issues, and experience with best practices around database modeling
- Ability to work in an Agile environment
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies and adapt to an evolving tech-scape
Due to COVID, Envoy currently has its employees working from home until end of year of 2020. As part of our workforce working from home, we continually communicate with employees, fostering a culture of transparency and balance, staying focused on protecting the team and serving our customers.
To do so, our CEO hosts bi-weekly mini-All Hands Meetings. This gives the company updates on the state of the business, recognizes employees service and accomplishments, identifies opportunities to learn from each other, and have a little fun while we're at it. We continuously identify how Envoy can support our employees and culture to ensure a productive, healthy, and balanced work environment, ultimately providing great service and tech to our customers and their workforces. Of recent, our teams and managers like to balance our productivity and focus on servicing our customers, with some fun: whether that includes virtual team happy hours and game nights or sharing photos of recent vacations (or stay-cations), and of course we always invite pictures of furry, feathered, or scaled “co-workers” .
If requested, employees are also able to voluntarily work in the office located in the heart of the Chicago Loop, conveniently located 2 blocks from Metra trains and the CTA.
As an employee of Envoy, we offer a variety of perks, benefits to help reflect our great culture and mission.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future."
Perks & Benefits:
- Extremely competitive and robust benefits through BCBS IL including telemedicine and mental health resources, and Principal Dental, Vision coverage
- 401k and company match which vests immediately
- Annual accrual of 18 days of paid time off (PTO), 2 personal days, and 10 paid holidays per year
- 2 paid volunteer days
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- On demand learning and development courses through LinkedIn Learning
- Product and industry training
- Stock options after one year of employment
- Growing social responsibility programs & partnerships
- Opportunity to work for an organization that changes lives every day!
Recent Community Recognition:
- Built in Chicago's 2020 & 2021 Best Places to Work
- Chicago Innovation Award Winner 2019
- ITA Industry Disrupter Winner 2019
Envoy Global is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability