Data Monetization Director at Peapod Digital Labs
Store Code: PDL Executive Admin (27063)
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse The Aisles
The Data Monetization Director provides leadership within the Peapod Digital Labs' (PDL) organization to maximize new and existing potential revenue streams from our customer data and other assets developed internally. They will oversee existing commercial relationships and build a vision for PDL’s future including identifying new revenue opportunities and partnerships, and working cross functionally with the Brands and internal stakeholders (including the retail media team) to ensure strategies come to life.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- In charge of building a data monetization strategy including presenting a clear representation of the total opportunity and how PDL can take full advantage of income generation in the field
- Responsible for building an internal business case that aligns with the US leadership team’s strategy to tackle the opportunity gap e.g. funding for resources, tools, processes, support etc.
- Maximize revenue opportunities from existing commercial relationships programs already in place by thoroughly reviewing current state and re-energizing and re-launching PDL’s approach
- Identify new revenue initiatives from existing commercial relationships
- Create and build new commercial opportunities internally or with vendors
- Identify and implement how PDL can commercialize internally built data assets and execute a plan for data assets that are currently not commercialized
- Create a CPG community that would collaborate and partner with ADUSA to help build our future
- Responsible for partnering with ADUSA internal stakeholders to tie monetization opportunities with ways to build customer loyalty and grow share for ADUSA and the CPG community
- Collaborate closely with the merchant organization to ensure appropriate support with ongoing initiatives
- Manage the relationship with all 3rd party data monetization vendors to ensure deliverance of support needed to achieve goals
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or equivalent combination of education and related work experience with a focus on data monetization
- 8+ years experience in data monetization
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the data monetization ecosystem including vendor capabilities and how retailers globally approach this effort
- Deep understanding of the appetite from the CPG community, their needs and desires
- Successful track record leading similar teams
- Strong leader who can easily work effectively at all levels of an organizations
- Foster a collaborative spirit to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Ability to be effective across a matrixed organization and leverage cross functional roles to drive success
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Financial acumen needed to drive program results and profitability
- Willingness to travel 50% of time
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 220464_external_USA-IL-Chicago