Data \ Operations Center Analyst
The Data \ Operations Center Admin is responsible for the day-to-day operations and support of the data feeds that power various Cars.com applications. The Data Operations Analyst, under general supervision is responsible for the loading and maintaining of Cars.com master, listing, dealer, and other core data subject areas. Responsibilities include partnering with Product, Customer Service, Database Administration and other business and technical areas to support technology solutions. Operations Center Admin responsibilities include the monitoring of our Production site, applications, services, and infrastructure as well as corporate business services. This will be accomplished using various monitoring tools setup for 24/7 alerting as well as manual troubleshooting and testing. This role will also escalate issues to systems engineers as necessary and manage the resolution of Critical Incidents / Outages.
- Tuesday – Saturday 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM.
- Daily monitoring of production feed processing and data transformation.
- Understanding the flow, dependencies and service levels of our data systems to ensure accurate, timely and trusted data is available.
- Develop tools, processes, training and documentation to promote self-service within the Operation Center and Cars.com support teams, increasing operational efficiency.
- Provide visibility to Data Quality issues and work with the business owners to fix the issues
- Serve as data subject matter expert and demonstrate an understanding of key data management principles and data use
- Identify and resolve production data integrity and feed related issues.
- Summarize programs bugs in current data processes as well as enhancement ideas and communicate that to development/architecture teams
- Work with product teams to create documentation of operational procedures of data feeds and processes.
- Availability for 24-hour shift rotation on com emergency response team supporting crucial Cars.comdata infrastructure.
- Other duties assigned by manager.
- Daily monitoring and level I troubleshooting of the Cars.com production site, specifically availability and performance.
- Monitoring and level I troubleshooting of the production site infrastructure availability and performance.
- Monitoring and level I troubleshooting of corporate business services and infrastructure.
- Escalating any issues requiring Level II and III support to oncall engineers for investigation and resolution.
- The execution of various operational tasks including weekly processing of backup tapes to be sent offsite, the swap of active application server stacks via our network load balancer, creation/updating/closure of Incident and Problem tickets, and the answering of calls to the Cars.com service desk during off hours.
- Working weekends and holidays as part of a 24/7 team coverage structure.
- Familiarity with data models and ability to understand complex data relationships
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment
- Experience partnering with technology support teams to identify and solve production issues
- Very fluent generating SQL queries for data analysis and working with DBAs on performance tuning
- Strong troubleshooting skills with ability to quickly assess problems and determine proper resolution
- Able to work on multiple tasks efficiently
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a high-energy, team-orientated, rapidly changing environment
- Experience with SSH to Linux systems, checking filesystem usage and ownership of files, system and memory loads, and executing shell scripts.
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools, specifically Outlook, Skype for Business, Word, Excel, and OneDrive.
- Familiarity with Oracle PL/SQL and comfortable reading, executing, and developing PL/SQL programs
- Prior programming and scripting experience ie. Shell Scripting, Python etc.
- Scheduling tools such as UC4-Automic .
- Administration or development in ETL Tools - IBM Datastage, Informatica.
- Prior experience using ServiceNow ITSM for Incident, Problem, and Change.
- Prior experience using ApplicationDynamics application and service monitoring.
- Prior experience using Rigor Synthetic transaction monitoring.
- Prior experience using Splunk logging and reporting tool.
- 1-4 years’ experience of relevant data analysis / production support of data processes
- 1-4 year experience with SQL in an RDBMS environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems (related/commensurate experience acceptable).