Data Privacy Compliance Analyst/Specialist at Clearcover
Data Privacy Compliance Analyst/Specialist
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a Data Privacy Compliance Analyst?
As the Data Privacy Analyst/Specialist you will have experience with US privacy laws pertaining to personal information in an organization where health information data is a key asset. The Data Privacy Compliance Analyst will assist in the administration of the privacy compliance function of Clearcover’s national operation. This person will be reporting to Compliance Management.
What you will do as the Data Privacy Compliance Analyst:
- Supports Clearcover’s Data Privacy program, maintenance activities, and documentation consistent with federal, state and local government requirements
- Supports incident management and investigation efforts regarding potential and/or actual security/privacy incidents.
- Assists with the development, effectiveness, and compliance of information security and privacy policies and procedures in the product development cycle.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of Clearcover’s business practices and operations and assesses the application of applicable privacy and data protection policies and standards to those operations.
- Supports the company’s product development teams by routinely monitoring and assessing compliance with the organization’s Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs), Privacy Threat Modeling, Privacy Risk Assessments, and routine monitoring product/services compliance with privacy and security controls through testing and auditing techniques.
- Assists Product teams with the coordination of collection of privacy and security controls for Internal Assessments of product and/or service offerings as desired by business leaders and follows up with gap closure activities.
- Researches, investigates, and resolves low to moderate privacy compliance issues and recommends actions to leadership to support compliance with privacy-related requirements.
- Maintains and updates information on Clearcover’s web sites specific to privacy policies and procedures.
- Assist with management of vendor audit processes by maintaining databases and ensuring that audits occur as needed.
What you will have:
- Understanding of US federal, state and local privacy requirements, HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act), CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), CPRA (California Privacy Rights Act), FTC (Federal Trade Commission Act), FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) & OCR (Optical Character Recognition) and other regulations, policies and requirements pertaining to the protection of sensitive information of natural persons
- Strong relationship building, written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to clearly articulate information to leadership and internal stakeholders
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with data privacy regulations in an organization.
Nice to haves:
- Advanced degree (MBA, MS, MIS or JD)
- CIPP (Certified Information Privacy Professional)
- Experience with Data Privacy related to a AI and/or technology products
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited PTO, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover the vast majority of your premiums to make the cost of you and your family's coverage affordable. Plus, we contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social (for once we’re back in the office!)
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.