Data Quality Engineer at Envoy Global
Data Quality Engineer
Envoy Global is on a mission to disrupt the global immigration process. Our patented online platform integrates the best of people and technology to streamline, simplify and expedite the immigration process for employers and individuals.
Working alongside our affiliated law firms, we are giving companies the tools they need to hire the best talent from around the world, send talent where it’s needed, and help support foreign workers and immigrants throughout the process. We’re a fast‐growing, award‐winning technology company, a leader in our space, and are backed by some of the country’s leading venture capital and growth equity firms.
The Data Quality Engineer will be responsible to designing, developing, documenting and performing data quality checks across all data assets developed at Envoy. That includes ETL jobs, reports, dashboards and data pipelines. The primary goal for this role is to ensure high quality of data delivered to internal stakeholders and customers. Validation of data in data repositories (DW, Data Marts) against data from source systems and validation of metrics and data in reports/dashboards against data in the repositories is a key responsibility. Essentially, making data assets consistently accurate for users.
- Design, develop and maintain data quality assurance framework
- Work in conjunction with BI and Data Engineers to ensure high quality Data Deliverable
- Design and develop testing frameworks to test ETL jobs, BI reports and Dashboards and other data pipelines
- Write SQL scripts to validate data in the data repositories against the data in the source systems
- Write SQL scripts to validate data surfacing in BI assets against the data sources
- Ensure data quality by checking against our ODS and the front-end application
- Track, monitor and document testing results
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related field (hands-on experience trumps)
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or a related role
- Demonstrated ability to write complex SQL/TSQL queries to retrieve/modify data
- Ability to work in an Agile environment
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies and adapt to an evolving tech-scape
Nice to have:
- Master’s in Management Information Systems or similar
- Knowledgeable in Data Modeling and Data warehouse concepts
- Experience with visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, SpotFire, TIBCO, QlikView, MicroStrategy, Information Builders, and other reporting and analytical tools is a plus
Due to COVID, Envoy currently has its employees working from home until end of year of 2020. As part of our workforce working from home, we continually communicate with employees, fostering a culture of transparency and balance, staying focused on protecting the team and serving our customers.
To do so, our CEO hosts bi-weekly mini-All Hands Meetings. This gives the company updates on the state of the business, recognizes employees service and accomplishments, identifies opportunities to learn from each other, and have a little fun while we're at it. We continuously identify how Envoy can support our employees and culture to ensure a productive, healthy, and balanced work environment, ultimately providing great service and tech to our customers and their workforces. Of recent, our teams and managers like to balance our productivity and focus on servicing our customers, with some fun: whether that includes virtual team happy hours and game nights or sharing photos of recent vacations (or stay-cations), and of course we always invite pictures of furry, feathered, or scaled “co-workers” .
If requested, employees are also able to voluntarily work in the office located in the heart of the Chicago Loop, conveniently located 2 blocks from Metra trains and the CTA.
As an employee of Envoy, we offer a variety of perks, benefits to help reflect our great culture and mission.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future."
Perks & Benefits:
- Extremely competitive and robust benefits through BCBS IL including telemedicine and mental health resources, and Principal Dental, Vision coverage
- 401k and company match which vests immediately
- Annual accrual of 18 days of paid time off (PTO), 2 personal days, and 10 paid holidays per year
- 2 paid volunteer days
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- On demand learning and development courses through LinkedIn Learning
- Product and industry training
- Stock options after one year of employment
- Growing social responsibility programs & partnerships
- Opportunity to work for an organization that changes lives every day!
Recent Community Recognition:
- Built in Chicago's 2020 & 2021 Best Places to Work
- Chicago Innovation Award Winner 2019
- ITA Industry Disrupter Winner 2019
Envoy Global is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability