Data Science Analyst IV (DiPLA)
Retail Business Services currently supports six Brands in the U.S., including some of the country’s most established and best known supermarkets. The massive amount of data generated provides an exciting opportunity to learn about our customers and industry. A core element of our strategy is to remain an industry leader in providing the highest quality products and experiences to our customer by using technology and data science to understand our customers at a very granular level. To ensure that we accomplish this, we are assembling a team of industry-leading data scientists to use advanced analytics and cutting edge data technologies to uncover insights in our data.
This team is tasked with providing the USA marketing, digital, and customer engagement teams with insight that let them make the most accurate and precise decisions possible.
We’re looking for a data scientist who will be responsible for providing the Customer Loyalty Team with advanced analytics and knowledge-based reporting to predict, determine and capitalize on patterns found in the massive amount of customer data that we collect. This person will utilize machine learning algorithms to translate customer behavioral information into accurate, insightful and predictive information, and then make astute recommendations for business partners at all levels.
Does this sound like you? If so, join our team where you’ll have the opportunity to significantly impact our organization and industry!
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Create statistical models (predictive, segmentation, purchase pathing, attrition, etc.) using advanced techniques such as Bayesian analysis, logistic regression, cluster analysis, random forests and many more.
- Discuss and help establish best practices across the brands
- Provide insightful analytics to marketing and customer engagement teams allowing them to more effectively communicate with our customers
- Design and implement methodologically sound marketing experiments
- Develop innovative approaches to measuring performance of customer engagement strategy
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Advanced degree in analytics, statistics, or related quantitative field with 2 – 4 years of experience analyzing large data (preferably transaction based)
- Experience writing equations in at least one of the following packages: R, Python or SAS
- Strong applied analytical skills. Experience with time series analysis and statistical learning techniques (such as, Bayesian techniques, regression, inference, imputation, clustering, significance testing, estimation, statistical quality control, optimization, Bayesian methods, etc.)
- Proficient with SQL and relational databases
- Enthusiasm for working hard and having fun in a dynamic startup environment
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.