Data Science Engineer at Echo Global Logistics
Echo Global Logistics is a top provider of technology-enabled solutions and supply chain management. Our solutions simplify transportation management for our clients by handling the crucial tasks. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses to the carriers who transport their goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
Crain's Business recently ranked Echo as a Top 25 Tech Employer in Chicago. We've also been recognized as the top 3PL provider. We're seeking passionate, driven and imaginative minds to join our team and help carry out our mission of providing our clients with best in class service and technology!
We are looking for a mid-level Data Science Engineer who enjoys crafting elegant, performant solutions and enterprise-grade restful API's which are transforming and empowering our business and driving real-world profit gains. This developer will be an intricate part of an Agile development team tasked with ingesting models from our Data Science team and turning them into real-world, enterprise level applications capable of supporting tens-of-thousands of transactions per day.
- Active member of an engineering team that solves real challenges and builds complex multi-layered targeting multiple platforms
- Partner w/ Data Scientists to create enterprise-grade, production ready code.
- Provide accurate time-estimates
- Diligently work with your team in an agile-scrum setting.
- Produces high quality, testable code
- Resolves defects in a timely and effective manner
- Identify and execute on areas of code improvement and reusability within projects
- Raises / resolves issues effectively
- Staying abreast of changes in relevant technologies
- 4+ years of python development experience
- 4+ Experience developing restful APIs in any language
- Experience with building containerized applications with Docker
- Must have experience with GIT source code control
- Quality-minded developer (test experience and attitude)
- Clear communicator
- Python API framework experience like Django or Flask
- high-level understanding of Data Science principals and techniques
- Experience using Kubernetes
- Experience in CI/CD and creating pipelines (ADO or otherwise)
- Experience with various data solutions
- Experience with AWS (preferred) or other Cloud platform
- Experience working in a hybrid-cloud environment
- Experience in other OOP languages (C#, Java, etc)
- Knowledgeable in SQL and common DB data structures/patterns
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the workday. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.