SPINS, a Chicago-based SaaS company, is seeking to add to our Client Solutions team.
By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products.
WHO ARE WE?
- We eat collaboration and curiosity for breakfast
- We communicate quickly and succinctly
- We believe in roles instead of jobs
- We take initiative independently and hurdle challenges together
- We discuss, debate, decide and do with the same rapidity as we iterate our platform
- We are a talent ecosystem whose health is predicated on each individual’s ability to support every other individual’s success
WHO ARE YOU?
- Someone energetic, empathic and earnest
- Someone who wakes each morning thinking of which opportunity they will grab today
- Someone that refuses to give up when the path isn’t paved
- Someone that consistently delivers quality work on schedule
- Someone who would rather build the right tool to do the job than wait until they’re handed one
- A creative thinker as adept at looking at the Big Picture as they are at the details
- An obsessive perfectionist that knows when to put down the paintbrush and ship
- The kind of person that can expertly use an Onion headline as an analogy in a serious strategy meeting
WHAT DO WE NEED?
You will report to the Director of Data Science Solutions and create robust, scalable data science solutions that scale across the SPINS business. You will be working in a “hands on” role, using python to uncover meaning and insight that leverage SPINS proprietary data. You will develop and drive the data science efficiency of the organization by contributing to a reusable codebase that can be leveraged in other projects across the organization.
Ideally, you thrive on continuous innovation when value is determined by client results. You must have a passion for digging into data using the latest tools and methodologies.
WHAT ARE YOUR REPONSIBILITIES?
- Create innovative and efficient techniques that better solve the problems we are working on
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to develop tools and services such as data models, dashboards, decision aids, and business case analysis to support programs, creative direction, and recommended solutions
- Explain statistical principles that underpin the insights you generate from SPINS data
- Have a professional quantitative background with an education that stresses analytical thinking and quantitative methods (STEM)
- Have a strong knowledge of python in a data context (iterators, pandas, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Are passionate about innovating new ways to answer novel problems
- Are comfortable with being given the self-autonomy to work independently and experiment with new ideas and new ways to design and implement data science solutions to advance business goals
- Have confidence in making data-driven recommendations to clients & retail partners based on independent synthesis of a broad range of data
- Familiarity with Docker is a plus