Data Scientist — Cascade Data Labs at Kin + Carta
Cascade Data Labs, a subsidiary of Kin + Carta, is a data science services agency with end-to-end experience helping Fortune 500 companies form and execute their analytics strategy and infrastructure. We believe strongly that the difference between analytics success and failure comes down to practitioner-level understanding of the “details” presented across a variety of disciplines; data collection, organization, and processing in a rapidly evolving technological landscape, analytical inference on multi-dimensional data sets, and the communication of findings to business stakeholders in visually compelling ways.
Ideal candidates will have strong quantitative backgrounds and analytical discipline. While they will have some demonstrated ability to write code, they will not have learned programming languages for the sake of building their resume, but rather as a means to express their intellectual curiosity and analytical voice. Cascade Data Labs will provide a platform and training to help them reach their full potential. *While this is currently a remote position, interested applicants must be willing to relocate to the Portland, OR area once office life is back to business-as-usual*
We are seeking candidates with all levels of experience; intern to senior-level
- Analyze a collection of raw data sets to create meaningful impact to large enterprise clients while maintaining a high degree of scientific rigor and discipline
- Build data pipelines and products to help stakeholders make and execute data driven decisions
- Communicate findings in an intuitive and visually compelling way
- Bachelors or Masters degree in quantitative studies including Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or computation-intensive Sciences and Humanities. Please include your GPA in Resume.
- Proficiency (can execute data ingestion to insight) in programmatic languages such as SQL, Python, R
Preferred Qualifications (candidates are not expected to possess all of the below skills but should possess a demonstrated aptitude and excitement to learn more of them):
- Proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint or Keynote
- Proficiency scripting in UNIX environment
- Exposure to big data environment and tools such as Spark, Hive, Impala, Pig, etc.
- Familiarity with cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience with statistical and machine learning libraries along with the ability to apply them appropriately to business problems
- Familiarity with web application frameworks such as Flask, React
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: The salary ranges from $65,000- $160,000 per year + benefits, based on the position and DOE. Benefits for full-time roles include PTO, paid holidays, healthcare plans, vision, dental, 401k, and a health and wellness program.
Employees are all working remotely at this time. Applicants must be able to relocate to the Portland area once the time is safe to do so.
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.