Data Scientist, Customer Insights
- Lead long term projects that aim to answer open ended questions. Show end to end ownership and leadership; ideation through productionalization. Flood the room with elegant data science solutions and best practices in machine learning.
- Master’s degree or higher in Statistics or related field and 2-3+ years of relevant experience in data science and predictive modeling; including CRM related work.
- Predictive modeling, recommender system, data mining, machine learning, statistical analysis, and A/B testing;
- R, Python, Spark, or similar data science modeling language;
- Deployment of production data science models to drive business value;
- SQL queries for data analysis on Teradata, Hive or similar parallel database;
- Highly flexible, ability to handle changing directions/priorities and roles as business needs evolve
- Proven problem solving skills; systematic, analytical thinker with strong communication skills
- Ability to translate high level business problems into objective functions with concise and logical requirements
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.