Data Scientist I (Pricing & Experimentation), Finance Research at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 19+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 115,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub is looking for a bright, curious and energetic Data Scientist focused on Pricing to join the data nerds on the Finance Research Team at GrubHub. The Finance Research team is the analytical engine of the company - we surface insights that drive strategy and optimal decision making for the Executive team and leaders across the organization. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding the ‘who, what, and whys’ of our business - working cross-functionally to dig into trends and surface value-creating opportunities.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Measurement and Statistical Analysis of Pricing tests including market level price recommendations
- Evaluate Pricing strategies and trade-offs including strategies for optimizing growth vs profitability
- Research and model optimum prices based on customer behavior and diner long term value
- Mine extensive experiment data for unidentified insights about our customers
- Develop one-off experiments for company initiatives and design statistical analysis of the results
- Continually evaluate our experimentation platform including business metrics, statistical risks and enhancements
- Be curious! Find data nuggets, trends and other analytical goodies that help us grow faster and generate more profit
You Should Have
- Strong understanding of statistics (e.g., Bayesian, Frequentist, etc.); extensive experience with running statistical analyses using a variety of methods to drive decisions
- 4+ years of experience in an analytical role driving value for a company using Data Science
- Experienced analytical skills with an ability to dive deep, summarize, and communicate important data
- Ability to balance attention to detail with expeditious execution in a fast paced environment
- Professional experience with advanced regression analysis, probabilistic modeling, and/or machine learning / predictive analytics, including the ability to use tools like Python, R, etc.
- Experience in relational data warehouse environments using Amazon Redshift or other database systems and the ability to query data sources directly
- Ability to explain technical concepts in simple terms to business users
- Strong SQL and Python skills required
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.