Data Scientist Intern at Epsilon
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Epsilon is seeking a Data Science Intern! As a Data Science Intern, you’ll be part of a team that focuses on researching and building machine learning applications to extend our personalization platform. Epsilon’s personalization is based on analysis of anonymized data at internet scale and is used in evaluating 1 trillion advertising opportunities per month – in real-time. As an Intern you will be able to apply your field of study to real problems with an opportunity to directly impact our business, gaining experience with internet-scale data and state-of-the-art computing clusters.
Responsibilities May Include (All or Some) Tasks Below:
- Develop a basic understanding of Epsilon’s personalization platform
- Use your machine learning expertise to research and recommend the best approaches to solving one of our technology and business problems
- Implement and validate your solution
- Work with other teams to integrate your solution into Epsilon’s platform
- Document and present your approach
- In a Ph.D. program in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Linguistics, or related field
- Research experience and coursework in data science, machine learning, graph theory, optimization, or language processing.
- Fluent in programming (Scala, SQL, Python, or R a plus)
- Experience with Large Data Sets (Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, or MPP a plus)
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Desire to apply your expert knowledge to grow a business
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.