Data Scientist, Quantitative Research
About The Opportunity
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
Grubhub is looking for a bright, curious and energetic data scientist to join the data nerds on the Quantitative Research Team at GrubHub. We have lots of interesting data which we continuously mine for insights and leverage to drive decisions. In this role, you’ll engineer, analyze and model data to inform the development of our products/services through lots of testing! If you've got a strong analytic toolset and a hunger (pun intended!) for solving hard problems, read on.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Run the day-to-day operation of our experimentation platform: partner with product managers to set-up tests, analyze results and implement ‘winners’
- Build, automate, and maintain reports that dig deeply into experiment results and inform future testing opportunities
- Continually evaluate our experimentation platform including business metrics, statistical risks and enhancements
- Mine experiment data for unidentified insights about our customers
- Use Learning Friday each week to research and prototype new ideas to share with our group.
- Communication is critical: you will regularly communicate technical analyses and results to stakeholders throughout the organization
You Should Have
- 2+ years of experience in an analytic role. You can provide multiple concrete examples of using data science to drive value for a company
- Professional experience with advanced regression analysis, probabilistic modeling, and/or machine learning / predictive analytics, including the ability to use tools like Python, R, etc.
- Experience in relational data warehouse environments using Amazon Redshift or other database systems and the ability to query data sources directly
- Ability to explain technical concepts in simple terms to business users
- At least a basic understanding of experiment design and statistics
Got these? Even Better:
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Apache Spark, etc.
- Experience with Machine Learning such as linear regression, classification, clustering
- Understanding of marketing analytics, A/B testing, operations research
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Studied a technical, quantitative, or analytical field throughout school (Mathematics, Physics, social sciences, etc.).
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.