Data Scientist - Revenue Optimization
Groupon North America’s Platform Analytics team has the cool responsibility of being business matchmakers. Through the tweaking of key business levers and the optimization of algorithm, our mission is to find “dealmates” by introducing the best available deals to the right individuals when they are most likely to be interested in purchasing those deals.
We are looking for a creative and innovative data scientist to drive strategic initiatives that will propel the future growth of Groupon. As part of this team you will focus on various data science problems including but not limited to personalization, customer affinities, customer preference, recommender system, email campaign targeting and product selection.
• Design, implement, and deploy scalable algorithms and models that utilize large amounts of data for campaign selection, deal targeting, optimizing deal selection, and improving user experience.
• Analyze historical data and build forecasting systems to determine future business opportunities and metrics.
• Utilize advanced data mining and machine learning to personalize the user experience, increase user engagement and improve core business metrics.
• Conduct A/B test to predict contribution impacts from new models and algorithms.
• Accountable for authoring predictive algorithms that improve deals relevance for over 60 million of active Groupon users.
Master’s degree or higher in Statistics or related field and 2+ years of relevant experience in data science and predictive modeling;
Professional experience with:
• Predictive modeling, recommender system, data mining, machine learning, statistical analysis, and A/B testing;
• Email marketing campaigns in a big data environment is highly preferred;
• R, Python, Spark, or similar data science modeling language;
• Deployment of production data science models to drive business value;
• SQL queries for data analysis on Teradata, Hive or similar parallel database;
• *NIX environment and Java are strongly desired.
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.