Cohesion is a leading Intelligent Buildings software solution that is disrupting how buildings operate and how people engage with buildings – from real estate owners/investors, operators, building engineers, to tenants and visitors. Our cutting-edge converged IoT-enabled platform brings together building systems, building software, and business applications into a single portal for on web and mobile platforms to forge the path to autonomous buildings.
We are searching for a Data Scientist to join our growing team. This role will report to the VP of Product alongside product managers and product designers. As a leader in the smart-building automation space, Cohesion has access to millions of datapoints collected from integrated building and personal devices. We are looking for a Data Scientist who wants to work with novel datasets to create insights and optimizations that will modernize the world of commercial real estate. If you enjoy applying data visualization, statistical methods, and machine learning to create innovative products, read on.
What you’ll do
- Identify patterns and insights using data from multiple sources and device platforms such as IoT sensors, building HVAC systems, beacons, and user devices
- Work with NoSQL databases and graph databases like Neo4J
- Present findings and recommendations to diverse array of stakeholders
- Build innovative decision engines and data products to control and automate commercial building operations
- Collaborate with product management and software engineers to bring data products to life
- Influence product direction with gained insights to optimize for further learning
- 3+ years of experience in a data science role
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, R, for data manipulation as well as building data product prototypes
- Highly resourceful: ability to parse internal documentation and code repositories
- Experience using machine learning to build predictive models, simulations, and surface insights
- Strong communication skills, particularly in explaining complex topics to technical/non-technical, advanced/novice audiences alike
- High levels of autonomy: sense of urgency and ownership
- Relevant degree in mathematics, computer science, statistics, applied math or related field
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis.
- Experience using business intelligence tools and data warehouses
What you can expect from Cohesion
Cohesion is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible, full-time employees in the United States. Our benefits are designed to invest in our employees— and their family’s —well-being, including investments in their health, happiness, and well-being.
- Receiving a competitive compensation package, including bonus, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401k match
- Receiving a monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Comprehensive wellness reimbursement program (eligible after 6 months of employment)
- Enjoying a responsible unlimited PTO program to help employees maintain work-life balance
- 2-way flexibility of work schedules
- Dressing for your day
- Enjoying family leave benefits
- Temporary transit benefits
At Cohesion, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse thought and practice. Individuals seeking employment at Cohesion are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.