Data Scientist at Peapod Digital Labs
Store Code: Data Science (27535)
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse The Aisles
As a Data Scientist on the digital analytics/ data science team, you will be responsible for contributing to the development of industry-leading personalization algorithms. This position is an opportunity to be part of a fast-growing and globally focused network of data scientists, machine learning engineers, and AI practitioners developing novel approaches to personalization and recommender engines. You will have access to world class researchers though our partnerships and joint contracts with universities, as well as our staff of in0house technical experts and AI practitioners.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Create algorithms to hyper-personalize every customer touch point
- Develop our core algorithms with strong methodological rigor
- Identify strengths, weaknesses, and potential biases of modeling components
- Consult with our brands and business partners to create ML/AI solutions to their largest business challenges
- Assist Machine Learning Engineers in the development of SDKs for rapid prototyping and deployment of algorithms
- Build robust experimentation algorithms to continually improve existing algorithms
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics. Doctorate is preferred, not required.
- 3+ years of applied Data Science experience
- 2+ years of experience deploying, scaling, and continually improving algorithms
- 2+ years of experience in building and deploying algorithms using any of the following: Azure, AWS, or GCP.
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Expert with building and deploying personalization recommendation engines.
- Above 95th percentile coding ability in Python
- Deep understanding of, and experience applying, the following ML concepts:
- Collaborative filtering
- Linear and scalar algebra
- Association rule mining
- Ranking algorithms
- Classification, clustering, and time series algorithms
- Automated hyperparameter tuning and model selection
- Causal inference modeling at scale for algorithm testing and evaluation
- Deep learning at scale for NLP
- Experience with advanced search concepts using deep learning is a plus!
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 11919_external_USA-IL-Chicago