Data Scientist at Strike Social
What we do:
Strike Social harnesses the power of artificial intelligence to drive the best outcomes in YouTube and social media advertising. Through media-buying software and service, Strike Social manages 15,000+ campaigns each day for the world’s leading agencies and brands, including Beats, Xbox, Honda, Mattel, Lionsgate and Trunk Club. With a workforce presence in 16 major markets — including headquarters in Chicago and offices in Kraków and Manila — Strike Social was recently named the No. 17 fastest-growing private company in the U.S. by Inc. Magazine. Learn more at strikesocial.com
Who you are:
You are someone who takes pride in your work, seeks order in chaos, and wants the opportunity to work with likeminded individuals. You are a leader, not a follower, with an innovative spirit who wants to collaborate with a team of brilliant minds in our quest to generate amazing insights.
What you’ll do:
We are working on some challenging problems that require bright minds and grit to help us solve. We work in an agile environment with lots of cool toys. Our Data Scientists research and create our learning infrastructure using R, and Python and then work with Data Engineering to build micro services into our data lake.
A career at Strike is an exciting journey where you will:
- Partner with product development teams to research, design and implement learning systems that recommend, optimize, and predict marketing campaign performance for top brands across multiple advertising platforms including YouTube (Adwords), Facebook/Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Pinterest and more
- Develop algorithms and models that inform customer activities
- Participate in the architecture and development of a closedloop learning system reading and feeding our private data lake
- Play a key role architecting and building our Marketing Data Lake
- Report progress, issues and status at daily and weekly standups
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and new design approaches
- Provide technical leadership both within and outside the data science team
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher Quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering
- 2+ years of strong mathematical and statistical data analysis experience
- 2+ years of experimental data / modeling experience
- 2+ years of Machine Learning experience including black box and bespoke solutions
- 2+ years of Python / R development experience
- Agile software development methodology experience and testdriven development experience
- Take pride in writing clean dependable algorithms
- Strong ability to analyze problems and formulate effective solutions
- Sharp critical thinking skills, including systems and business analysis, problem analysis and resolution, and sound judgment/decision making ability
- Proven ability to work in a rapid release product environment
- Citizen or green card holder.
Impress us with:
- Masters or PhD Quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Experience working with Data Engineering to develop and deploy Machine Learning and Algorithmic micro services
Working at Strike Social
Strike Social is a close-knit, work-hard/play-hard environment. If you want a fun, challenging and rewarding experience, apply to join our team! Aside from standard (and generous) employee benefits, Strike offers unlimited PTO, an open office environment, casual dress code, a spectacular Loop location and frequent team outings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Direct inquiries only, no recruiters please.