· Uses machine learning to improve and automate processes in SMS proprietary tools.
· Applies data mining techniques to make recommendations based on data and communicates results through insightful visualizations, reports and presentations.
· Improves the dataset (or data repository) quality by cleaning the company’s data and collecting information from new sources.
· Translates advanced business analytics problems into technical approaches in diverse domains such as vendor recommendation, work scheduling and technician dispatch, etc.
· Collaborates with different teams to develop, refine, and scale procedures and workflows.
· Fosters a positive team environment.
· Ensures confidentiality of internal and external data.
· Performs ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned.
Instructions: Select pertinent skills from the list below and delete as necessary, then select a level from the Professional Skills Guide. If appropriate add a few words describing specific requirements under each skill.
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
· Verbal Communication - Proficient
· Written Communication - Advanced
· Teamwork - Proficient
· Relationships - Proficient
· Negotiation - Proficient
· Organizational Awareness - Proficient
· Learning Agility - Advanced
· Analysis - Advanced
· Problem Solving - Advanced
· Process Orientation - Advanced
· Prioritization - Advanced
Role Specific Skills
· Strong mathematical and statistical skills.
· Programming Languages: SQL, Python
· Understanding of ETL tools and database architecture
People Management Skills
· This is a sole contributor role
· Bachelor's degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science, or with equivalent professional experience.
· Experience using a machine learning framework e.g. scikit-learn, torch or similar
· Experience with a statistical software (e.g. R, SAS)
· 3+ years of experience as a data scientist, working closely within a business
Other Relevant Qualifications
· PhD or M.S. in related fields.
· Experience with natural language processing.
· Advanced knowledge of Data Warehousing and BI best practices
· Experience with big data tools such as Spark, Hadoop, etc.
· Experience with Tableau or Superset.
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.