We’re looking for a Data Scientist to solve complex business problems using a variety of data available to us. Data Scientists help us understand how to meet the needs of our users and build tools to deliver unique experiences on our web-first real estate software platforms, neighborhoods.com and 55places.com. In this role you will work with business stakeholders and software engineers to build unique, data-driven products.
Neighborhoods.com is the first online real estate resource to put the neighborhood at the center of the home search. The platform invites visitors to imagine their life in a new area by providing a local’s perspective, including detailed descriptions and resident reviews of schools, amenities, and the surrounding community. With up-to-date listings, the company offers aspiring homeowners accurate and reliable information about market changes and new homes for sale. Neighborhoods.com and its network of real estate agents are licensed and knowledgeable experts that guide users through every step of the homebuying process—from the initial search to the closing table.
What you’ll be doing as our Data Scientist:
- Collaborating with business and product stakeholders to identify new opportunities and translate those opportunities into actionable, data-driven solutions.
- Analyzing and uncovering insights from our large data sets such as user behavior data in order to better understand how our customers interact with our sites, identify interesting segments and build predictive behavior models, recommendation systems, etc.
- Performing machine learning, natural language and statistical analysis using a range of techniques such as regression, classification, clustering, time-series analysis, statistical inference, validation methods, etc.
- Working with engineers, designers and product stakeholders to deliver new data driven products and features.
- Communicating and presenting technical concepts and results to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Providing expertise regarding A/B testing and experiment design to facilitate testing of new product and design features.
- Exploring and identifying new data collection opportunities to continually improve and broaden the scope of our data sets.
- Contributing to the growth of the data science practice by assisting with interviewing, on-boarding, training, and mentoring data scientists / analysts as they join the team.
We think you could be really successful if you:
- Want to take ownership of analytical projects utilizing data engineering, data mining, data modeling and business strategy.
- Are adept at providing expertise and thought leadershipin scientific or analytical skills such as statistical methods, machine learning or visualization.
- Are a team player and enjoy collaborating across teams to develop solutions that are the best fit for our business and products.
Basic requirements to do the job:
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience in data science / analytics.
- Strong skills with either Python or R (preferably both), and experience with SQL-based database design and usage.
- Excellent communication skills for collaborating across teams, with engineering and data science peers, project managers and business stakeholders.
- A strong understanding of advanced statistical techniques and concepts.
- Experience using machine learning for clustering, classification, un/supervised learning, recommendation systems, anomaly detection, predictors, and natural language processing.
- Experience using tools like Hadoop, Apache Spark, TensorFlow, and/or other common tools used in data analytics or machine learning.
Bonus Points if you have:
- An advanced degree in Computer Science, Statistics or a related field.
- Experience directly querying data warehouse systems like AWS Redshift or Google Big Query.
- Experience working with data from 3rd party providers such as Google Analytics, Google Ads, etc.
- Experience with A/B testing and experiment design.
- Experience working in an agile team environment.
- The standards: insurance, 401k with match, flexible PTO, and casual dress code
- Paid parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter program
- West Loop neighborhood (easy commute and lots of food options)
- Volunteer and charity opportunities
- Cold-brew coffee on tap
- Transparent and approachable leadership and management
- Help make a difference in the lives of homeowners across the country
Neighborhoods.com is an equal opportunity employer, of people from all different backgrounds, ethnicities, races, colors, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, and ages. We strive to foster an inclusive environment, that is comfortable for everyone. We will not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.