We are seeking a Data Scientist to join our team in Chicago!
The Data Science team at Integral is a high profile team that is a center of innovation for the company and a major contributor to the company’s core products. The types of challenges we solve have attracted people from industry and academia with diverse backgrounds, ranging from machine learning, physics, biology, neuroscience, and computer science to finance and economics. We’re passionate about maintaining an open and collaborative environment, where team members bring their own unique style of thinking and tools to the table.
What you’ll do:
- Work on challenging fundamental data science problems in online advertising
- Propose and develop solutions independently and leading a group of other data scientists
- Prepare white papers, scientific publications and conference presentations
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to identify and answer important product questions
- Communicate findings to product managers and engineers
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Analyze and interpret the results
- Develop best practices for instrumentation and experimentation and communicate those to product engineering teams
Who you are and what you have:
- Ph.D. in a relevant technical (machine learning, computer science, physics, mathematics, statistics, or related field), or 4+ years experience in a relevant role
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches using machine learning methods
- Track record of using advanced statistical methods, information retrieval, data mining techniques
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Fluency with at least one scripting language such as Python
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Expert knowledge of an analysis tool such as R or Matlab
- Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, HBase, etc.)
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is the global market leader in digital ad verification, offering technologies that drive high-quality advertising media. IAS equips advertisers and publishers with both the insight and technology to protect their advertising investments from fraud and unsafe environments as well as to capture consumer attention, and drive business outcomes. Founded in 2009, IAS is headquartered in New York with global operations in 17 offices across 13 countries. IAS is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of software companies. For more on how IAS is powering great impressions for top publishers and advertisers around the world, visit integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
To learn more about us, please visit http://integralads.com/ and https://muse.cm/2t8eGlN
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to [email protected] We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.