Data Services Lead
What you’ll be doing:
You will be a part of a team that is continuously improving the technologies, strategies, and analytical techniques that contribute to the continued success of Enova. By working closely with all levels of business (each with varying levels of technical knowledge), you will work to understand and gather business and technical requirements for desired data management projects. As an advocate for the Data Services team in an Agile environment, you will be instrumental in orchestrating many of the efforts leading to the Data Services Team’s success. By working closely with the team, you’ll work to ensure project deliverables are meeting expectations and delivered on time.
Your core priorities will be to:
- Manage and assign variable length projects to the Data Analyst Team
- Document Project Requirements and define technical requirements with the project teams in Confluence, JIRA, and JIRA Agile
- Track overall and detailed project statuses and regularly communicate status to the external stakeholders and direct manager
- Identify and mitigate risks within projects for the project team
- Some hands on will be required to verify database/system health and quality assurance as needed
- Work with individuals across the organization ranging from non-technical to technical experts and tailoring communications to each audience
What you should have:
- 10+ years experience working in the BI/ Data Service or Technology resources sector as Data Engineer, Software Engineer, ETL Developer, SQL Developer, IT Technical Project Manager, etc
- Experience working with very large scale and rapidly changing datasets
- Have reported project status, scope changes and critical metrics to all stakeholders including senior and executive management, preferably in an Agile environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment through strategic planning, prioritization, and task delegation
- Have prior experience working with Postgres 9.3 and above, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 and above or MySql
- Have prior technical experience working with complex SQL, ETL Technologies (such as SSIS, Pentaho, DataStage, etc),
- Hand on experience creating Object Models and source code in Python/Java/C#/C++/GO or other Object Oriented Programming Language
- Practical experience working with AWS Analytics, AWS Database and AWS Management Tools
- Have demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, and ability to interface with Business, Analytics and IT organizations
- Have the ability to identify non-obvious solutions to complex problems
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, finance, mathematics, statistics, natural sciences, computer science or other related field of study. Masters preferred.
Our Business Intelligence and Data Services teams:
Enova’s Business Intelligence and Data Services team is part of our Analytics team which consists of over 50 quantitative and data reporting professionals. Our team members are problem solvers and action-oriented thinkers. The Data Services team effectively and sustainably provides data solutions and tools across the organization. We integrate, transform, and improve volumes of data at the project or enterprise level for streamlined processes, greater efficiencies, and smarter, more informed decision-making. This team is high-energy, dynamic and in a business-critical domain space.
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work someplace awesome."
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. But to sweeten the deal, we also have a pretty awesome list of conventional (and less conventional) perks and benefits including competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, a revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!) summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. And of course we also have the things you’d expect at a leading tech company in Chicago, such as the snacks, game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, monthly social events, and sporting sponsorships.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.