Data Solutions Developer
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewOur IT organization has a critical role in driving extraordinary business results. Through a strong partnership with other areas of our business, we bring innovative thinking to every conversation and deliver with integrity. We’re looking for people who bring great ideas and who make our partners’ ideas better. Intellectually curious advisors (not order takers) who focus on outcomes to creatively solve business problems. People who not only embrace change, but who accelerate it.
As a Data Solutions Developer, you will be part of a fast-paced, cutting-edge Data and Analytics team. You will be tasked with supporting and growing our Enterprise Data Hub and Reporting platform. You will work to provide platform-level solutions to accommodate the growing data and reporting needs of our stakeholders across all business functions. We want you to be creative, enthusiastic and persistent, and above all, not afraid of trying and failing.
Scope of Responsibilities / Expectations
- You will identify new tools and technologies to improve the data delivery and the data platform
- You will be responsible for Production Support and issue resolution for our AWS Redshift platform
- You will work with Business/Data Relationship Managers and their users to identify and implement data delivery solutions based on business needs.
- You will monitor and address performance issues that may span multiple platforms across the Data and Analytics environment.
- You will enhance BI Analytics capabilities over time you will analyze data patterns and usage, provide recommendations, design and implement solutions
- You will help facilitate analytical solutions for understanding data
- Experience working with AWS RedShift
- Understanding of AWS offerings such as EC2,S3 and SNS
- Understanding of data modelling, database, data warehouse
- Familiarity with CI/CD and related tools such as Jenkins
- Understanding of SCRUM/Agile methodology
- Understanding of REST API concepts
- Familiarity with BI Reporting tools (such as Tableau)
- Strong communication skills
- Hands on experience in data warehousing design, tuning and ETL/ELT process development.
- Bachelors of Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Database support experience and strong understanding of columnar database capabilities
- Excellent SQL and strong hands-on scripting (Shell Script, Python) ability
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.