Data Solutions Engineer at Epsilon
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
About this role
We are looking a data solutions engineer with extensive experience in the big data ecosystem. The Epsilon DMS Data Organization builds and maintains MPP, HDFS and Elastic platforms to capture all data generated from the Ad Stack and external sources to support all aspects of the business.
The candidate must be proficient in SQL and Python, with the ability to be a key contributor in delivering critical business features. The candidate must have expert Python coding skills to include ingestion of large datasets via complex SQL (streaming via Spark is a plus) and creating outlier detection processes utilizing standard statistical methods (ML is a plus.) Ability to understand complex SQL and highly complex Python code is critical. Ability to develop and test code and ingest use case specifications with little supervision. In addition, be a key contributor in delivering critical business features with a passion for big data technologies. Candidate should have 4-6 years’ experience on a development team manipulating data, and possess a bachelor’s degree of equivalent experience in technology development.
Key Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain data quality services with Python
- Fluent SQL with ability to ingest complex use cases, refactor and ask questions
- Continuous improvement of our system, tests, and data quality indicators
- Influence our technical decisions
- Keep yourself informed and up-to-date with technologies
- Interface with analysts, data scientists, and engineers to enable data oriented solutions
- Build data expertise on subject matter and be able to speak to data warehouse constructs and data architecture
- Ability to troubleshoot production issues and solve for performance bottlenecks
- Expert level skills in Python or other language (JAVA or Scala)
- Ability to analyze data and identify business possibilities for better operational processes and business opportunities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with the internal analyst community
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment
- You enjoy working with numerous programming languages, relational databases, and distributed systems. Our platform is ever evolving, but currently is a combination of Kafka, Flume, Spark, Scala, Java, Python, NoSQL (HBase, Cassandra and ScyllaDB), MPP RDBMS, Postgres, Hadoop, AWS, AirFlow, Docker, Kubernetes and Elastic
- Internet/Digital Advertising ecosystem knowledge is a plus
- Spark and ML are a plus.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.