Data Strategist at One North
One North, a digital agency recently acquired by TEKsystems Global Services®, is looking for a dynamic and driven Data Strategist to join our team.
We help some of the world’s most complex organizations stand out from the crowd by delivering breakthrough brand experiences. Leveraging expertise across strategy, brand, experience design, and technology, our experts use digital to reimagine how clients connect, communicate, and engage with their audiences to win new business, strengthen client relationships, and attract and retain top talent.
We are a fast-paced, growing organization with a dynamic and diverse work environment. Our values guide our hiring decisions and shape how we make a meaningful impact for our clients.
One North’s Data Strategy team helps organizations more effectively use their data to transform their digital capabilities and improve decision-making.
As a Data Strategist, you will partner with clients to understand their goals, provide valuable insights, and assist them in building out a data program. We take a data-informed approach that combines skills from several disciplines to produce actionable advice for carrying clients’ digital initiatives forward.
The Data Strategy team operates in shades of gray, often building custom solutions for clients. Candidates must feel comfortable solving complex problems from designing the approach to creating the solution.
• Develop a significant presence in long-term client relationships.
• Design and build dashboards and data visualizations in reporting tools, such as Power BI, Tableau, and Looker.
• Build out data reports using SQL queries in products such as Google BigQuery.
• Lead collaborative, design thinking workshops to set the vision for a client’s data strategy program.
• Research new techniques and products to bring proactively to customers to solve business problems.
• Identify gaps in the customer experience and recommend solutions
• Partner with Digital Strategists, User Experience Strategists and Designers, Technologists, and Creatives to produce recommendations based on data.
• Demonstrate high intellectual bandwidth, as well an ability to prioritize and work on the right things at the right time.
• Ability to recognize and overcome technical and business challenges.
• Research new data capabilities and tactics.
• Serve as a thought leader, idea generator, and source of inspiration.
Skills & Qualifications
• At least 4 years of relevant experience working in a marketing, consulting, or media role
• Passionate and experienced in data, from collection to reporting
• Experience delivering presentations and guiding meetings with executive-level participants
• Superb communication skills
• Strong skills in data analytics platforms, preferably Google Analytics
• Experience writing queries in SQL for programs such as Google BigQuery
• Strong experience in Business Intelligence platforms such as Tableau and Microsoft Power BI; experience in deployment of Tableau and Power BI projects preferred
• Ability to thrive in an environment that values an entrepreneurial spirit
• Ability to travel to client sites as projects require, up to 15 % of the time
• Experience in database administration or management for hosting databases in Google Cloud Services, or other SQL databases, preferred