Data Systems Operations Analyst at DRW (Chicago, IL)
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Data Systems Operations Analyst on the Research Infrastructure technology team, you'll be part of a tight knit team of engineers delivering innovative research tools across the firm. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with low latency financial market data and learn the intricacies of how market data feeds and electronic exchanges work. You will work with sophisticated analytics tools that are custom built by our team of developers and you’ll use the latest technology stacks such as AWS, Java 11, Python 3, HDF5, Spark and Parquet.
Our team cares deeply about preserving a respectful and diverse team culture. We believe in choosing the right tech for the job even if that means learning something new or reviving something old. We value business impact and outcomes over process and we make decisions based on data. We strive to adapt quickly as business priorities change.
What you’ll do:
- Operate key parts of a sophisticated market data analysis pipeline
- Monitor and troubleshoot production jobs
- Monitor and work through list of data-related issues raised by the system, drilling into those requiring action
- Consult with developers to determine appropriate courses of action and make suggestions for improvements to the system
- Monitor support channels and respond to user issues (2-10 per day)
- Provide L1 and L2 support for users and collaborate with developers on L3 support
What we’re looking for in this role:
- Previous experience supporting, monitoring and troubleshooting high performance applications in the financial markets industry
- Experience working with market data systems preferred
- SQL experience including queries/updates/table creation/basic database maintenance
- Experience supporting Linux environments
- Familiarity with git
- Previous experience working with AWS, Java and Python highly preferred
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.