Data Visualization Analyst at G2
G2.com is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than three million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. The platform has 904,000 reviews, and $100M in total funding through our investment partners: IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and founders.
- Provide the Market Research Team with expertise in presenting data to various audiences.
- Build engaging data interactions to help readers connect with the research team’s work.
- Craft visualizations in support of data science projects from beginning to end, including understanding the business need, and identifying insights relevant to the audience - which could be software buyers,
- Support any coding needed to get visualizations live on the website.
- Use your data visualization skills to conceptualize, design and develop solutions that synthesize complex data concepts into clear communications for software buyers and sellers.
- Promote user engagement with G2 though compelling visualizations of G2's data.
- Collaborate with team members across the company, including Data, Market Research, Product, and Marketing teammates.
- Support internal decision-making and prioritization
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4 - 6 years of professional experience required
- Create visualizations compatible with multiple technologies including Ruby and Hubspot
- Experience with React Framework
- Verbal & Written communication skills
Good to Have
- Specific education in data science or data visualization a plus, but not required!
- Familiarity with d3 wrappers such as plotly or bokeh
- We currently use React framework; experience with it is a plus, but not a requirement
- Flexibility to work remotely
- Visibility for your work; visualizations for many projects will be published as part of public-facing work, much of which can be promoted by G2.
- Ability to publish Data Viz thought leadership on G2 Research and Learn Hubs, with potential to share and promote through conference networks
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
We encourage all candidates to review our interview process to best prepare themselves on what to expect as a candidate of G2.