Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
External Title: Data Visualization - HCI Scientist
Internal Title: Scientist, Decision Sciences
As a Data Visualization - Human-Computing Interaction (HCI) Scientist in our Decision Sciences Visualization team, you will create innovative visual analytics systems that reveal, explore and explain complex patterns and phenomena from Epsilon’s peta-scale and massively-dimensional digital marketing ecosystem. You will reduce this complexity into sophisticated, interactive visual metaphors and stories that demonstrate the business value of Epsilon’s platform directly to our stakeholders and global customers (which includes some of the world’s largest brands). Our visualization challenges span hundreds of millions of highly detailed individual profiles across hundreds of millions of web sites and apps tied together by sophisticated real-time analytics that make near instantaneous decisions on messaging to those profiles trillions of times a day. This provides an incredibly rich environment of business questions and answers that are hidden within petabytes of data.
You will be a key member of a highly talented and multi-disciplinary R&D team creating a full-stack visual analytics system that connects to big data platforms and machine learning systems to present complex enterprise-critical information in an engaging, intuitive and informative manner. This is a multi-faceted team effort involving an array of technologies such as D3.js, React, Python, Spark, SQL, Hadoop, Elastic Search, GPU clusters and more.
Our team is highly agile and innovative. In the last year plus, we have moved from whiteboard to a robust production system that is widely used throughout the organization. The team is strongly supported throughout the Epsilon organization and at the highest levels to continue with that innovation. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to research-grade innovation with high impact in the real world.
- Research and design of innovative visual analytics systems that demonstrate the value of the Epsilon platform and that help our clients to understand how their customers interact with them in complex digital marketing ecosystems
- Implement production versions of the visual analytics views and components using your programming skills in React, D3, Express
- Design and develop a full stack interactive visual analytics system that connects to big-data sources and machine learning algorithms on the back end, and that connects to a range of user classes on the front end from technical specialist to sales/marketing and clients
- Design and develop user scaffolding to support the visual analytics system to create for a rich collaborative environment
- Work closely with the Analytics and Decision Sciences teams to understand intricacies of the AI and machine learning models in such a way that we can demonstrate to the client how those models interact with their customers
- Develop an understanding of Epsilon’s Digital Media Solutions (DMS) personalization platform and proprietary datasets
- Be a supportive and positive contributor in a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary R&D team with shared and overlapping responsibilities, all in support of a strong mission with purpose and proven results
- A Ph.D. (or Master’s degree plus at least four years of highly relevant experience) in Computer Science, Engineering, Human-Computing Interaction (HCI), UX/UI or a related discipline
- Extensive experience creating rich human-computer interfaces with React, Typescript and JSX
- Robust experiences with full stack development, ideally complete front end to back end and API developments in a full stack system
- Exceptional UI/UX design skills having sound experiences moving from rapid iteration from discovery to design to prototype to end product
- An accomplished visualization portfolio showcasing your talents as an individual contributor and/or as part of a collaborative team
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Passion to work collaboratively with cross-functional groups
Additional, But Not Required Skills
- Experience programming visualizations with D3.js
- Experience with Gatsby
- Experience with SQL or other databases for back end development
- Experience with Docker deployments
- Experience with Elastic Search or GPU databases
- Foundational graphic design knowledge with experiences using layouts, color and typography to make interfaces look aesthetically appealing
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.