Database Administrator at Paylocity
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Database Administrator is responsible for maintaining our databases on Microsoft SQL Server. The DBA will additionally provide expertise in the areas of analysis, reporting, and performance tuning. In this role, the DBA will also work with the technical teams from software development and implementation to ensure quality data models, data integrity and maintain outstanding database performance.
Reports To: Director of Product & Tech
- Execute SQL server maintenance to ensure a consistent and reliable database environment
- Import and export data to and from multiple data sources
- Write ad-hoc queries, stored procedures, jobs, and functions to support the SQL servers
- Resolve data issues and facilitate data analysis
- Provide input in database design, performance tuning, troubleshooting, error handling and hardware planning
- Identify and assist in resolution to all operational related issues ranging from the Web Server, SQL Server, Operating systems, and more
- Enthusiastic about developing the best software available and providing the ultimate customer experience
- 5+ years of Microsoft SQL Server database experience
- Extensive experience with Microsoft SQL 2014+
- Proficient knowledge of SQL, stored procedures, triggers, and T-SQL
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler, Extended Events, and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with Microsoft Reporting Services
- Experience with patching/upgrading
- Experience with DTS and SSIS
- Willing to participate in on-call duties
- Willing to be part of database code pushes/change controls related to the database
- Familiar with best practices and standard DBA tasks
- Critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Able to work directly with software development groups to ensure that we delivery quality database solutions
- Able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
- MCITP:DBA or equivalent a plus
- Experience with other database technologies (Oracle, MySQL, etc) a plus
- Experience with SQL Always On and clustering a plus
- Interested in staying current and proficient on existing emerging relevant SQL technology through self-study and company/vendor provided training opportunities
- Team Player, collaborating with others to make awesome happen
- Self-Motivated – you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable – quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
- Highly Organized – detail-oriented is your thing!
- MS Office applications - are no sweat when it comes to your skillset
In response to COVID-19 & Paylocity’s commitment to keeping our employees safe, our Support Analysts are currently working remotely. Support Analysts will onboard and receive training remotely. In the future, this role will be required to work onsite, as outlined by the department, once local government orders indicate that it is possible in addition to when Paylocity determines it is safe to do so.
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
This job excludes CO applicants