- Plan and design data structure; set and monitor standards.
- Assist management in database concepts and functional capabilities.
- Design, create, modify and review database objects (tables, views, indexes, keys, stored procedures, functions, DB links, etc.) to support development projects.
- Monitor current Database performance; develop procedures and improve the Database environment for future requirements .
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements.
- Build ad-hoc reports with complicated queries .
- Automate reports and authoring pipelines via SQL/python based ETL framework
- Implement and test database backup and restore
- Controls and monitors user access to the database
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement; modify the database structure as necessary
- Ensure the confidentiality of internal and external data
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- Verbal Communication – Proficient
- Written Communication – Proficient
- Teamwork – Proficient
- Relationships – Proficient
- Negotiation – Proficient
- Learning Agility – Proficient
- Problem Solving – Proficient
- Process Orientation – Proficient
- Prioritization - Proficient
Role Specific Skills
- SQL programming skills required
- Advanced skills in Relational (MySQL) and Non-Relational (MongoDB) Database preferred
- Data architecture and data analysis skills required
- Understanding of Data Warehouse (RedShift) preferred
- Experience in cloud-based database systems such as Amazon RDS preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field required
- 2 or more years of experience in a relevant field required
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field preferred
Read Full Job Description