We are looking for a DBA who will be responsible for managing, and owning Moda Operandi's OLTP data stores. In this role you will be performing traditional DBA tasks including user performance tuning, monitoring, replication, setting backup retention policies, growth projections, user management, etc. You should also be comfortable working with application developers to promote and implement data modeling best practices. This position will also work closely with the Data Engineers to streamline ETL/ELT pipelines from OLTP stores to the Data Warehouse.
Necessary qualifications for success:
• Expertise in MySQL performance tuning, provisioning, upgrading, and
resource monitoring in an Aurora environment
• Expertise in SQL, query optimization, and partitioning
• Developing stored procedures, triggers, and index tuning
• Knowledge of limitations in MySQL and solutions
• Experience with database deployment tools eg. flyway, liquibase
• Experience with other Aurora database offerings (Postgres, MariaDB)
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python, shell scripting
Extra Credit (not required):
• Experience with data modeling in an ecommerce domain
• Experience with NoSQL datastores eg. dynamodb, mongodb, etc.
• Experience with vcs eg. git, mercurial, subversion etc.
• Experience with Snowflake