Database Developer - Oracle at DRW
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,200 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are seeking an Oracle Database Developer who will be responsible for designing, implementing and supporting PL/SQL for mission critical database environments. This person will help manage and support existing and future database codebase to keep up with the dynamic and growing business needs of DRW.
Support existing PL/SQL code base and develop new procedures/packages
- Review application design and provide input on using database techniques and Oracle features
- Provide support to development teams with varying levels of database expertise
- Perform logical database design
- Gather business requirements for new projects
- Perform database performance analysis and query tuning
- Respond to production and business-critical issues and needs
- 3+ years of Oracle database development experience
- Strong technical and logistical problem-solving skills are essential
- In-depth knowledge of PL/SQL, including pipelined table functions and user defined types
- In-depth knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge of Oracle database tools, such as the Scheduler, Performance and Administrative views, and external tables
- Basic understanding of database concepts such as storage, caching, and optimizer behavior
- UNIX/Linux skills are a plus
- Python/Java and Git experience are a plus
- T-SQL experience is a plus
- Experience working with SQL Server, Postgres, InfluxDB or MySQL is a plus
- Proven ability to work in an agile, fast-paced environment, prioritize multiple tasks and projects
- Must be self-motivated, possess strong initiative, and be willing to take on new challenges
- Must demonstrate strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and adapt to different work environments
- Strong understanding of and the proven ability to comply with SDLC, source control and change management protocols
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.