Evive people are game-changers.
Evive was founded by two people who wanted to challenge the status quo...and did. Since 2007, that spirit has defined our culture. The work we do is redefining how people use their employee benefits, with SaaS-based services that help people to improve their lives and Fortune 1000 enterprises to optimize their benefits investments. We strive every day for the ideal of #benefitslove. Are you one of us?
We’re looking for a passionate Database Developer. Is it you?
As a Database Developer at Evive, you will play a key role on a globally distributed agile team, focused on advancing our Reporting and Analytics capabilities. You will manage existing workflows, help design and build new workflows, and develop new datasets for our BI tools. As the Database Developer, you will write python scripts to migrate data from on-premise Cassandra into S3, design and develop tables and view in AWS Aurora to facilitate QuickSight BI dashboards, as well as, use Lambdas and Step functions to parallelize large data extractions.
Here’s what a Database Developer does at Evive (for people who like bullet lists):
- Migrate datasets from on-premise Cassandra to our current serverless AWS reporting stack.
- Develop datasets and write queries using SQL and AWS Aurora.
- Improve existing data workflows, with an emphasis on observability, performance, and testability.
- Automate the delivery and deployment of both infrastructure and code in AWS.
You bring a lot to the table.
- Strong experience writing complex, high performing SQL queries.
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages.
- Experience managing production data workloads.
- Familiarity with AWS Aurora.
- Passionate about learning new things.
- Enjoys collaborating with teammates to problem-solve, as well as, balancing performance and scalability with customer and business needs.
- Experience with Cassandra or similar non-relational database technologies preferred.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and cloud deployment workflows preferred.
- Experience with AWS Redshift preferred.
Evive takes care of its teammates. Here are our current benefits:
- Laid-back office, casual attire—jeans and a t-shirt are always okay!
- Weekly catered lunch + daily stocked kitchen with drinks, fresh fruit, and a variety of other snacks
- Competitive salaries with annual bonus pay
- Paid Time Off—both for vacation and volunteering
- Paid Sick Time
- Four work-from-home days every month
- Employer-paid medical insurance + subsidized vision, dental, and short-term disability insurance
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- Student loan assistance program
- Employee assistance program
- Pre-tax commuter benefit + convenient location (right off the CTA blue line and Union Station)
- Treadmill desks: walk and work!
- Company-sponsored book club
- And we watch Jeopardy! every day
If you’re prepared to go big, go bold, and go beyond, you’re ready to go Evive.