Design and document logical and physical database models to cater to a variety of business requirements. Develop advanced T-SQL code for implementing application business logic using stored procedures, views, and functions. Collaborate with other Database Administrators and Applications/ Business teams to support enterprise applications; develop data warehouse objects and processes for supporting business intelligence, including ETL, fact/dimension tables. Design and implement reports and dashboards utilizing SSRS as required; assist in the migration of several databases and associated SSIS routines to a new set of SQL Servers. Create standards for SQL Server database administration that supports the use of optimal database server resources and performance. Implement automated database maintenance plans and backup routines using standard methodologies. Monitor database/ application growth and server resources to ensure optimum performance and availability. Routinely evaluate/ implement improved methods or processes for administering and maintaining databases and servers.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 3 years of experience in design, development, and maintenance of Microsoft SQL Server Databases.
- 3 years of experience with SQL server 2008 R2 and later TSQL, database design, and schema principles.
- 3 years of experience using MS SQL Server Management Studio.
- 3 years of experience using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) packages.
- 3 years of experience with database performance analysis and indexing principles.
- 2 years of experience using source control tools such as GIT or SVN.
- 1 year of experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.