Database Technical Advisor at Ensono
Reporting to the Global Database Operations organization, you will be part of the Technical Advisor team. As a Technical Advisor you will be the Database point of contact and technical resource for the client; provide leadership on troubleshooting and execution. You will be responsible for promoting open communication with other departments, while demonstrating sound judgment necessary in performing all the duties of as a technical advisor. Using your proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills you will help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to optimize our clients’ infrastructure.
The Technical Advisor team is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the service we deliver to our clients by effectively:
- Managing client communication
- Conducting proactive and reactive problem management
- Reducing the number of repeat issues through root cause analysis
- Building strong client relationships by becoming a point of contact for clients
- Working with internal departments to mitigate client concerns
- Partners with the Technical Delivery Manager and Database Technical Leader to identify and capture database operational risks, insights, and improvements.
- o Assists in the development and execution of improvement plans.
- Partners with Solution Architects to review and validate a solution’s feasibility; also makes solution recommendations.
- Enhance Change Order Execution for Run teams
- Coordinate and Communicate SW and HW Technology roadmaps to the client stakeholders
- Coordinate and communicate RCA to client stakeholders
- Interface between Ensono teams and client stakeholders to identify and bring efficiencies, thought leadership and process improvements to the client environment.
- Travel requirements based on client and Ensono needs.
- Will participate in Knowledge Transfer activities for new client on-boarding activities to transition support to BAU database teams.
- Proficiency in interacting with SW and HW vendors.
- Familiarity with database platform areas such as Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL and Postgres
- Deep understanding of HW and SW infrastructure.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) to a level of creating documents which can be shared with clients.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Customer Service skills at management level
- Experience establishing and documenting processes and procedures
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Understand a large-scale 24x7 production environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with knowledge of problem analysis
- Must be self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- ITIL certification desirable
- Willingness to take ownership of issues and progress to resolution
- Ability to host meetings and conference calls.
- •Minimum of 10 years of experience within a highly complex database environment
- o Technical knowledge across multiple database platforms
- o Knowledge of DR planning and execution
- Experience with client facing and Service Delivery communication acumen.
- Experience with on-boarding new clients in a managed service
- Experience of working within a managed services environment is advantageous.
- • College degree preferred