Deal Quality Analyst, Getaways
Help people discover their next amazing vacation destination
Are you passionate about the travel industry? Are you motivated by the thrill of working in a fast-paced, forward-thinking environment?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
The Getaways team at Groupon focuses on one of the most dynamic industries there is - travel. But we're not your typical travel platform. We work to create packages that delight both hoteliers and Groupon subscribers alike. We build relationships big and small, working with large hotel chains to boutique Bed & Breakfasts, crafting every deal by listening to the needs of the business. Our obsession is putting together offerings that will delight our customers and help them make life less boring.
The Getaways team is currently seeking a Deal Quality Analyst to join the team. As a Deal Quality Analyst, you will leverage your analytical skills to provide key insights into deal performance and, offer creative solutions for improvements that will drive customer interaction, revenue growth and merchant satisfaction.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will create and own the process for evaluating deal quality and performance to quickly identify areas of opportunity, which includes evaluating the impact of seasonality, economic and traveler trends on performance and establish new key performance indicators.
- You will uncover and isolate drivers for underperformance, present findings and proposed to stakeholders and leaders, implement approved solutions.
- You will evaluate, optimize and streamline any existing reporting and tools to support analysis. Reporting platforms include (but or not limited to): Tableau, Excel, Teradata (SQL).
- Generate new reporting tools that enables critical insight into the business opportunities.
- Assist with promotion approval process to ensure deals are launched in a timely manner.
- Work with cross-functional teams such as Sales, Market Management, and Revenue Management to conduct market analyses.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree with major in economics, mathematics, finance, public policy, political science or a similarly quantitative focus
- 1-2 years of relevant business experience in hospitality, eCommerce or online travel industries is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (you’re a people person)
- Skilled at Excel (formulas, functions and macros - a plus!), not afraid of SQL (even more of a plus!)
- You’re a self-starter, have a can-do attitude, and enjoys creative problem solving
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a multi-tasked, fast paced environment
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.