Decision Scientist II (Market Management)
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 95,000 restaurants and over 16.4 million diners across 1,700 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
As a decision scientist, you are part of a highly motivated, talented, and fun team that solves some of the most challenging problems at Grubhub. We are always looking to identify and apply the best applied math and predictive modeling tools for research and deploy the solutions to drive decisions at various fronts at Grubhub.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Build probabilistic/stochastic models for real time systems
- Build algorithms to support automated decisions/strategies for market management
- Build and deploy predictive models at scale that help us improve the business
- Derive insight about business and customer behavior from our proprietary data
- Identify new metrics and scoring methodologies to improve our business
You Should Have
- 2+ years of experience in quantitative modeling/analytics with regression, classification and clustering techniques using machine learning algorithms
- Experience with ML packages (sklearn, xgboost, keras etc.)
- Experience in designing algorithms/strategies for real time systems under feedbacks and stochastic environment
- Familiarity with probabilistic/stochastic modeling for real-time decision making using online estimation techniques
- Thorough understanding of underlying mathematical concepts. Should not be afraid to read an applied math paper and explain the concepts to the group and how it can be used for the business
- Ability to query data sources directly using SQL
- Experience in quick prototyping in python
- Basic familiarity with object oriented code design
- MS or PhD in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics, Physics, Applied Math, Engineering, etc.)
- Above all a strong motivation to learn new techniques, explore data, and implement production solutions to business problems
Got any of these? Even Better
- Experience in models governing/controlling network evolution
- Experience with optimization under feedback such as reinforcement learning paradigm etc
- Experience in Java
- Familiarity with queuing theory
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.