Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. We don't just build great products; we pair them with the newest digital technologies and analytics to solve problems and anticipate customer needs.
We are bringing our industry into the Age of Smart iron. A lasting legacy of talented and committed employees give Caterpillar its competitive edge. It is our team that has allowed this company to accomplish great things. From the construction of the Hoover Dam, to earthquake relief in Indonesia, our employees have never failed to give customers enduring results through superior service and innovation.
To evaluate and implement proposed program changes or additions to systems and programs. Assist more experienced system development and support personnel in developing solutions to customer related requests and/or system problems. Integrate purchased solutions with Caterpillar systems. Develop and write related program logic or integrate solutions into the systems or infrastructure after testing functions of developed programs or purchased software.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
This position reports to a Digital Supervisor or Digital Manager as do other staff jobs in application and programming sections. Customers may include internal Caterpillar organizations (service centers and/or worldwide business units), suppliers, other Digital teams or business partners, and users of Caterpillar product and/or dealers. Responsibilities of the incumbents are along functional lines with individual Digital Applications Analysts assigned new program development and/or maintenance of existing mainframe, personal computer, server, WEB and/or distributed computing systems.
Designs, codes, tests, and debugs programs of varying degrees of complexity
Evaluates recommended software and/or program changes and their potential impact on the environment and execution results
Works on application/technical problem identification and resolution, including off-shift and weekend support functions
Works independently on complex programs/subroutines
Under the direction of more experienced staff, assists in the development of major system modules and programs
Fully qualified to perform most programming assignments without close supervision
Fully knowledgeable of programming languages, program design and specification development, programming logic, logic diagrams, testing, debugging and documentation
May perform integration tasks for in-house developed systems and/or purchased software solutions
Improves development and support processes
Typically serves as a team member on one or more 6 Sigma projects
Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time
- Currently attending a 4-year accredited university/college or have completed a minimum bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science, Data Science, or other related degree
- Minimum cumulative GPA requirement 3.0/ 4.0 (no rounding)
- Graduation date between May 2020 through May 2021
- 1-2 years Data Science experience with Python, SQL, AWS, Tableau, PowerBI, Google analytics, Azure, Machine Learning/ AI, Deep Learning, R, SaS, Salesforce, SharePoint, etc.
- The incumbent should be knowledgeable of the current technology in programming languages; platform requirements; computing and software environments; and current development processes and tools
Top Candidates will also have:
- Leadership experience
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills and must be detail oriented
- Customer focused
- Effective time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently or as a collaborative team member
- Ability to learn and comply with company policies and procedures
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment where digital is still evolving as a core offering
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-orientated environment
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, regardless of the technical capacity of the audience
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers