Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers 5 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 450 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
The Digital Analytics Senior Analyst will combine knowledge of digital marketing and the ecommerce retail industry as well as understanding of web analytics platforms to produce actionable insights and make data-driven recommendations for the organization. The Senior Analyst will serve as the subject matter expert for the Google 360 analytics suite, working closely with business stakeholders and internal IT to implement best practices and continually improve the end-to-end flow of eCommerce information.
The Senior Analyst will help development and execution of fact-based reporting, and apply expertise linking a variety of disparate data sources including web, transactional, and third-party data to produce business insights, dashboards, standardized reports, statistical models and customer segmentation that will be presented to business stakeholders and company leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in analytic projects that uncover actionable customer insights to guide short-term and long-term acquisition and retention efforts.
- Develop insights on relevant web purchase behavior, customer onsite search behavior, customer segments, customer journey, and purchasing trigger points.
- Assist in the on-going improvement of tagging and analysis related to Google 360.
- Analyze customers’ on site behavior to identify areas of opportunity, quantify impact, and make recommendations for future site enhancements.
- Assist the customer acquisition and customer experience teams with A/B and Multivariate testing.
- 3-6 years of experience in digital analytics, digital marketing analytics, and/or e-commerce analytics.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the entire Google 360 analytics suite including:
- An understanding of the data flow from the data layer through Google Tag Manager to Google Analytics and how to identify tagging inconsistencies.
- Power user of Google Analytics with complete understanding of enhanced ecommerce, segments, audiences, product lists, custom dimensions, events, and data imports.
- Clickstream analysis using Google Bigquery.
- Strong business acumen in finance, marketing, statistics, or project management and ability to understand business problems, develop hypothesis, design tests and learn
- Experience with data manipulation languages is required (SQL, R, Python, etc.).
- Experience interacting directly with user experience, onsite search, merchandising, and/or digital marketing teams is desired.
- Familiarity with visualization tools and methodology (Looker, Power BI, Tableau).
- Knowledge of Google Adwords, Google Doubleclick, or Clicktale is a plus.
- Academic background in analytics, statistics, marketing, business, or related field. Undergraduate college degree required; MA or MBA preferred
Final note: We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.