DIGITAL STRATEGY LEAD - CONSTRUCTION TELEMATICS SOLUTIONS at Caterpillar
What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters.
The Construction Digital and Technology team has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Strategy Lead who will apply their expertise to the most complex digital projects in the construction industry that interface across multiple departments, customer bases, and dealers worldwide. They will also apply the most advanced digital technology to resolve their business needs and assist in establishing long range strategies.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Understanding the future direction of digital trends related to equipment and fleet management.
- Understanding the impact and changes in behavior needed for construction customers to adopt digital solutions.
- Interacting with customers to have an in-depth understanding of their operations to improve their processes for managing equipment and interfacing with Caterpillar.
- Reviewing and providing counsel for all major "Business Case Analysis" effort.
- Developing the interdependencies between major applications/efforts
- Defining requirements for purchased and/or internally developed digital solutions for fleet and equipment management.
- Providing project leadership, advice, and counsel to developers, management, customers and project teams on the most complex aspects of application development and system integration.
- Providing deep expertise and assisting with the adoption and promotion of equipment and fleet management solutions.
- Liaison with dealers and multiple business units in the enterprise to enable strategic solutions.
- Strong analytical skills.
- At least two years’ experience leading digital strategy and adoption for a large construction, mining, or rental services firm OR equivalent experience working in the field for an OEM or distributor serving the construction or mining industries .
- At least two years’ experience working with telematics solutions or equipment management.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent years (4 years) of experience relevant to this role degree
- Nine or more years of progressively responsible role relevant experiences that demonstrate both breadth of business knowledge and depth of digital skillsets.
- Curiosity about and a deep interest in how digital technology and systems are powering the way users do their jobs.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment where digital is still evolving as a core offering.
Top candidates will also:
- Demonstrate experience translating customer needs to development requirements for software.
- Consistently produce high-quality work by asking the right questions, thinking critically about problems, and relentlessly pursuing quality.
- Familiarity with project management methodologies as they will participate in multiple projects representing expertise for digital offerings and strategic alignment.
This position requires 25% travel if located in the Peoria, IL area. Outside of the Peoria, IL area, travel will increase to 75% as it will require regular visits to the Peoria location.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.