Director; Analytic Architecture at Discover
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a consistently awarded company that is as employee-focused as it is on its customers. We are all about our people. Our employees make Discover a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Enterprise Architecture (EA) team is looking for an Analytics Architect to help provide critical thought leadership and direction to push the limits of technology improvement and innovation. This role is responsible for translating complex problems into elegant solutions as well as business strategies into technology products.
The Analytics Architect will design and implement cutting edge technology solutions, mentor engineers, and lead through change. Providing senior technical leadership, this key influencer will leverage Discover’s next-generation data-analytic capabilities, driving the company’s engineering practices and deploy across multiple platforms.
- Lead technical projects with a range of engineering teams to architect, build, and design front and back-end for all of Discover’s analytics platforms. Define and execute technology strategies by engaging highly technical teams
- Provide technical leadership while building, nurturing and maintaining relationships with Product Managers, Solution Engineers and Technical Architects
- Influence and establish best engineering practices through solid design decisions, processes and tools
- Ability to present to C-Suite leaders and technical decision makers while providing appropriate thought leadership to technical Architects regarding code/technologies when needed
- Set goals, strategies, and oversee deployment of large-scale projects across multiple platforms.
- Develop multi-year product roadmaps, provide the vision and work with individual architects to translate this into tactical engineering blue prints
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of cloud technologies, software engineering, data engineering and data science to define the target architectures, patterns, and automation processes
- Attract, recruit and lead the industry’s best talent and simultaneously have the technical chops to ensure we are developing the appropriate data assets based on the highest value business use cases
- Industry thought leader and contributor to open source software community
- Represent Discover at technical meetups, speak at external conference, and mentor junior engineers and architects
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years of experience within technology
- At least 5 years Data Science or Data Engineering experience
- At least 5 years of experience within software development
- At least 3 years of experience working with cloud data capabilities
- Experience in developing high volume transaction processing solutions that can be scaled for millions of daily transactions
- Experience with software development, cloud computing services and infrastructure, application development platforms and contemporary programming languages work, systems or design
- Established credibility and recognition in speaking engagements and technology publications
- Industry contacts in the software development and open source communities
- Ability to work cooperatively with, and gain the respect of, software developers
- Master’s Degree or PhD
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!