Director, Analytics and Credit Strategy at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for leading Product Development Analytics, Rewards Analytics across all products and Credit Risk Management for Secured card, Business Card, Second Card and Thin File segments. The candidate will be managing teams that develop and enhance credit strategies, marketing analytics, product and target segment analytics in collaboration with Marketing, Product Management, Finance and Operations to drive resilient growth of Discover Cards portfolio. The role will manage teams that are geographically diverse, lead and guide decision making on critical business components, such as product decisions, credit losses, receivables, and profit.
Drives thought leadership and instills a culture of rapid test and learn. Identifies business opportunities and leads the team to execute leveraging cross functional teams to support the business strategy.
- Leads the development of short- and long-term plans for Credit teams, aligning initiatives to drive business results.
- Manage Small Business credit risk across acquisitions and portfolio functions
- Analyzes trends in portfolio to enable product innovation and enhancements by collaborating with Product Managers
- Analyzes trends in Rewards portfolio to enable product innovation and enhancements in redemption campaigns and merchant campaigns by collaborating with Rewards Managers
- Develop and enhance Rewards Analytical framework to drive profitable sales and balance growth
- Ensures that effective processes and systems are in place to achieve results and people development.
- Addresses escalated concerns and ensures resolution to address the root cause.
- Creates a culture of continuous improvement for both business outcomes and work processes. Influences organizational culture and promotes "change" to enhance decision-making processes.
- Lead geographically diverse teams to drive sound strategies across credit risk, product analytics and rewards functions
- Coaches and develops technical, managerial, and leadership skills of direct reports. Acts as a role model for leadership behaviors.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Science, Business, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Analytics, Consulting, Financial Services, or related field
- 3+ years of managerial experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 10+ years of experience in Analytics, Consulting, Financial Services, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you're waiting to hear from us, don't forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in consideration for a career at Discover
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.