What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse The Aisles
The Director of Analytics will lead a team of Analytics Analysts responsible for utilizing advanced statistical tools and leading-edge technology for disseminating insights largely gathered from the respective transactions, shopper data, loyalty programs and marketing campaigns of Ahold Delhaize USA’s brands – Stop & Shop, Food Lion, Giant Food, Giant/Martin’s, and Hannaford. The advanced technology we leverage and tools to be built will allow for the creation of new insights and the ability to democratize customer data more fully across the entire organization. The Director will then consult with users across the business, so they can fully understand and activate the insights delivered from the new capabilities created yielding impactful financial contribution.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Leads a team that provides day to day support to the brands against the brands prioritized needs utilizing a variety of data sources and also partners closely with the enterprise analytics teams to implement models at a brand level
- Provides analysis that identifies which customers are likely to be impacted by new competitors opening in our brands market
- Builds a test and control group of regions/stores/households and measurement to understand the impact of a new brand initiative e.g. store re-model
- Isolates the reasons behind why brands sales are up/down either at total brand level, specific departments, regions etc.
- Measures effectiveness of brand specific campaign initiatives e.g. for the Giant Company impact of new marketing “For Today’s Table”
- Provide guidance and leadership to the analytics team members to empower them with the ability to harness our rich customer data for generating deeper customer level analytics and delivering more impactful and actionable insights
- Create a leading statistical capabilities and tools that greatly advance Brand specific customer engagement objectives and act as trusted business partner by sharing expertise on how best to activate for business growth
- Collaborate with IT to structure customer data in a way that will make it accessible for creating a 360 view of our customers. This will include working with IT to identify and leverage new technology to access data in such a way to facilitate analysis and insight development. This will require expertise in advanced statistical technologies necessary for synthesizing data into very actionable business opportunities
- Create data science and statistical tools and solutions aimed at understanding the ever-changing needs and expectations of our customers and providing innovative capabilities that can differentiate Ahold Delhaize customer engagement strategies and business models
- Provide experience and expertise in how to intersect consulting skills, data, and advanced analytics to drive and improve Brand Ecommerce, Marketing, Loyalty and Personalization business results. Partner and consult with ADUSA leadership in the brands, functional teams, and key contacts across the different banners and departments to identify advanced analytics opportunities and subsequently provide compelling insights as to how they can be leveraged to answer critical business questions and to support customer loyalty growth
- Scope and direct advanced analytics projects to ensure that the deliverables are designed to answer valuable Brand Marketing and Ecommerce questions, and that timelines and scope are adhered to. Create and deliver impactful presentations to senior leaders that crystalize analytics into clear and actionable insights. Drive a culture of data driven decision making that will institutionalize the use of consumer-driven analytics
- Champion, manage and develop key marketing insights across all marketing programs, and work with key stakeholders to devise and execute test/learn agendas and other optimization programs for continuous improvement
- Act as a key leader within Strategy to develop the full power and expertise of our teams to provide outstanding services to the Brands to enable their ongoing strategy and personalization capabilities. This requires excellent analytical and relationship building skills to meet the demands of the brand marketing leadership
- Knowledge of the Brand’s market and customers and understanding the Loyalty and CRM objectives in terms of Business, Brand and Customer Objectives
- Understand Brand’s customer segmentation and prioritization along with key attributes for communication
- Offer knowledge sharing for continued refinement and optimization of strategy to achieve objectives
- Strengthening the relationship with the Brand becoming a vital analytic resource by asking the right questions, providing actionable insights and engaging with a visible and influential presence
- Work in an integrated fashion with Brand marketing insight and marketing professionals to make recommendations based on analyses and experience
- Develop, train and groom team: including Analysts, Sr. Analysts, and Managers
- Support Managers of advanced analytics and data architects to deliver quality outputs
- Create structure for reporting and presentations to be delivered to Brands; ensuring outputs are logical and actionable
- Present results in one on one and large meetings; ensuring consumer centric thinking and direct relationship with business, loyalty and marketing understanding
- Ensure recommendations are grounded in Brand business needs and expectations
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Mathematics or related fields
- Graduate degree in statistics, economics, econometrics, MBA or related disciplines is preferred
- 10+ years of experience performing advanced customer data analytics, customer segmentation, data mining and data science in an advanced analytic experience in retail, consulting or agency related client-based discipline.
- 10+ years of managerial experience in positions with increasing responsibilities required.
- Direct retail analytics experience required; grocery-specific experience preferred.
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Strong functional understanding of contemporary marketing, loyalty and digital analytics
- An innovative vision on how the practice should evolve to keep pace with the ever changing business needs
- A passion for effective data visualization to tell effective stories via data visuals
- Understanding today’s digital customer and how business should adapt accordingly
- Cross-functional leadership experience, specifically collaborations with IT
- Success in the roll-out of new analytic capabilities including software and data
- Experience with big data associated with customer and product level hierarchies and development of multi-level customer segmentations
- Expertise in statistical software and languages (SAS, SQL, R, Python)
- Advanced mathematic and analytical skills
- Impeccable organizational skills, project management and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to communicate/translate complex concepts to non-technical audience
- Ability to work in a dynamic work environment with shifting priorities
- Able to inspire and manage a team of analysts to continuously grow knowledge and skills
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.