Director, Business Intelligence and Reporting Analytics - Implementation at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
At Paylocity, we use analytics to help us make decisions and drive our business forward.
The Business Intelligence and Reporting Analytics Strategist will lead and design the client and internal Data Strategy. Data insight, data consistency and display development are the primary focus of this role setting the vision and standards of our data management.
Additional components of focus will be creative innovation, elevation and sourcing technology solution opportunities to improve and grow the Data intelligence, data insight capabilities, customer experience in operations and across the national organization including sales, HR, L&D and the executive team.
The Director, Business Intelligence and Reporting Analytics leads the analytics and reporting team that is responsible for transformation of strategic ideas and opportunities into best-in-class data deliverables for both internal and external audiences.
Reports To: VP, Implementation
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Delivers data insight, analytics and visualization in accordance with unique internal and external needs with the ability to change/enhance the data visualization and insights experience to meet the desired outcome of the Service organization and internal and external partners
• Inspire and influence the Data insights and visualization team to meet and exceed the expectations of internal stakeholders, clients and prospects as well as directly data insights and tools when needed.
• Research and present cutting-edge ideas, methods, data insights and more to operations and senior executive level audiences.
• Collaborate with cross teams: marketing, strategic partners, product, sales, service, implementation and HR in the ideation and deployment of flawless work.
• Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
• Accountable for the work of team including prioritization, overall quality, technical acuity, enterprise data consistency, as defined by company data and growth strategy. Work will range from Data visualization, client insights, up to date technical knowledge and adoption of tools and programs.
• Effectively troubleshoots issues on the fly while creating scalable, extensible solutions.
• Ability to find resourceful workarounds for technical/design blockers, required to design complex tools and systems for multiple teams across the organization.
• Advances product development by contributing to an interdisciplinary team including customer insights, advance visualization, client need, product, service, implementation, information management and sales.
• 10+ years' experience working in data management, tool design leader in a technology data visualization and business insight capacity or as consultancy or similarly fast-paced environment
• 5+ years' experience leading a technical development team
• Experience managing work to revenue goals and client/internal expectations
• Proven adaptability and flexibility
• Exceptional communication skills, both internal and external, including conflict management.
• Outstanding personal time-management skills. Skilled at directing developers, budgeting, brainstorming ideas, and providing feedback.
• Work efficiently while quickly adapting to shifting needs, balancing several distinct initiatives at any given time
• Is skilled in verbally translating highly technical concepts to non-technical audiences, both internal and external.
• Masters degree in data science, or related experience
• Highly experienced in SQL, Power BI or relevant visualization tool, HTML, Back end data base development, Front end development, Budget and program management
• Experienced in collaborating with other work groups ie, marketing, product, technology, operations, and sales
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $132,000 - $178,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual bonus and restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.