Director, Clinical Data Solutions at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
What you’ll do
We're looking for a Clinical Data Director who will be responsible for setting the standards for Tempus’ data curation procedures, protocols, quality, training, and efficiency. As a Clinical Data Director, your job is to drive the accuracy and efficiency of clinical data abstractors by maintaining and communicating clear curation standards. You will work directly with the team of clinical data managers and abstractors who review clinical records, structure key data elements and build the clinical repository that fuels insights and decision-making for Tempus’ partners.
Clinical Data Director candidates should have strong experience creating and disseminating procedures and protocols in the field of oncology. They must have experience leading others to adhere to standardized rulesets while continuously assessing the quality of the team’s output. Candidates should also have experience interpreting rulesets to internal and external partners.
The Clinical Data Director will work closely with the Operations team and Clinical Data Managers to ensure the team is meeting deadlines for deliverables while upholding the highest quality data abstraction.
- Operationalize data curation guidelines by creating protocols, procedures, and trainings for data managers and data abstractors to efficiently curate clinical records
- Set quality assurance standards for data abstraction and track quality performance over time
- Research, interpret and respond to escalated clinical questions from data managers and abstractors, requiring deep clinical expertise and knowledge of cancer and curation rules
- Translate partner specifications into clear protocols that inform how to abstract data in custom templates housed in proprietary software
- Lead large groups of abstractors in training and continuous education to implement curation rules with consistency, context, and accuracy
- Provide clinical insight for product development, project scoping and project deadlines in conjunction with the Operations team
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, nursing, health sciences, or other related majors
- Secondary degree preferred: MSN, MD, ph.D, MPH
- 8+ years experience in a clinical setting and/or as a head of abstraction
- Developed (from scratch) and subsequently implemented protocols, policies, clinical research forms, reference manuals or other procedural components in a clinical setting
- Established Quality Assurance or auditing standards in a clinical setting
- Deep and varied oncology experience, some hematology preferred, including:
- Cancer staging systems
- Cancer genetics
- Cancer diagnosis and treatments
- Cancer registry systems requirements
- Leadership and responsibility for alignment of large teams, including abstractors and managers
- Experience translating key directives from upper management to direct reports, linking individual work to a larger purpose and mission
- Experience in a fast-paced, flexible environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently under time constraints with obsessive attention to detail
- Proficient in Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Tech savvy nature to adopt software and analytics tools that are core to the operations of the clinical abstraction team