Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a Head of Cancer Registry who will be responsible for quality control, training and management of a large team of abstractors. The Head of Cancer Registry will oversee abstraction of thousands of clinical cases per year, and will design, implement and maintain a best in class quality assurance program. This role requires experience managing remote and on-site employees, reviewing abstractions, and training large teams of abstractors regularly.
- Any of the following: Certified Tumor Registrar or CTR-eligible, an Associate degree in Medical Record Technology from an accredited program, a Bachelors degree in biology, health sciences, or other related majors
- 3+ years as a cancer registrar, 4+ years as a lead abstractor or head of abstraction
- Previous experience managing a large team of abstractors and implementing a quality assurance program
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and GoogleSheets
- Anatomy and physiology knowledge
- Previous experience handling or documenting clinical documents
- Medical terminology
- Knowledge of cancer types including classification by morphology code
- Cancer staging schemes
- Knowledge and ability to maintain ACOS cancer registry requirements
- Experience with cancer registry systems
- Knowledge of cancer treatment regimens and associated outcomes