Accountable for building and maintaining a productive business relationships and regularly interacting with the business partners. Responsible for directing data and integration operations for MarTech and Customer Data Platform (CDP) teams to achieve strategic and operational business goals and targeted financial and quality results. Develops and implements the strategic. Responsible for working cross-functionally in a collaborative manner within a matrix environment (at a minimum with Data & Analytics, ICE, Tech Services, Cloud COE, AI, EA and Customer Insights team). Evaluates risk and provides solutions to mitigate the presented risks.
Utilizes technical and industry experience to formulate data technology and integration strategies. Evaluates and adjusts strategies to respond to competition. Ensures customer needs and requirements are represented. Contributes to the general business planning regarding technology and systems required to maintain Walgreens operations and competitiveness powered by Mass Personalization.
Outcomes directed have a moderate to significant impact on the organization's short-term and long-term results, specific customers and/or partners. Decisions have moderate to significant impact on the organization."
- Develops and executes on MarTech and CDP data and integration product/service strategies and plans. Directs the operations of the assigned functional area to achieve strategic and operational business goals and targeted financial and content quality results. Establishes operational objectives for managers and/or teams of professionals in order to achieve the strategic and operational objectives of the group. Responsible for executing on functional and business goals for the specified area of expertise. Proactively addresses problems a cross functional areas of the business.
- Leads data integration, wrangling & curation across all marketing and customer data sources using Azure PaaS tech stack and services for internal and 3rd party data sources.
- Provides day-to-day administrative direction and oversight of key data and integration technology matters enabling MarTech and CDP
- Collaborates with the legal, security and privacy teams to research, compile recommendations and best practices on data privacy and compliance.
- Works with others to brainstorm new processes and solutions to resolve client issues.
- Responsible for working cross-functionally in a collaborative manner within a matrix environment to deliver data and integration needs (at a minimum with Data & Analytics, ICE, Tech Services, Cloud COE, AI, EA and Customer Insights team).
- Leads data deployments related to MarTech and AdTech and Customer Data platforms (i.e., MSFT Dynamics CI).
- Leads cross department data initiatives, synthesize insights from data platform for brand campaigns and mass personalization programs.
- Manages budgets, operational plans and performance requirements for the specified are of responsibility. Responsible for meeting budgetary goals and objectives.
- Leads the data stream for the creation of Walgreens Customer Data Platform into Microsoft Dynamics 365 CI, collaborating with internal teams and our Agency partner. This will include migration and retirement of legacy platforms to simplify our overall architecture and customer platforms.
- Performs as an advocate within the organization by presenting and socializing the current and new capabilities being built and how they can unlock growth opportunities for different functions within the organization.
- May establish and manage a broad range of internal/external relationships for the support of the technical aspects of the specified area of responsibility.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy, touching millions of lives every day through dispensing and distributing medicines, and through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products. The company has more than 100 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy and pharmaceutical wholesaling.
WBA is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and well-being products. The company’s size, scale and expertise will help position us to expand the supply of, and address the rising cost of, prescription drugs in the U.S. and worldwide.
The company’s portfolio of retail and business brands includes Walgreens, Duane Reade, Boots and Alliance Healthcare, as well as increasingly global health and beauty product brands, such as No7, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle, Botanics, Sleek MakeUP and YourGoodSkin.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 6 years of IT experience OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 9 years of IT experience
- At least 3 years of hands on experience in Azure Data products (e.g., ADLS Gen 2, Synapse, Cosmos DB)
- Experience performing data mining
- Experience creating data analytics platforms in a public cloud environment.
- Experience applying SDLC, IT management and organizational design concepts.
- Experience with current state data warehousing technology and tools, such as data warehousing appliances, CDI Technologies, Master Data Management and/or ETL technology.
- Experience dealing with retail and pharmacy data including ePHI and PII data classifications and regulations
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial business decisions in the workplace.
- At least 3 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's degree in IT, IS, Mathematics
- Master's degree OR MBA
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience managing cross-functional and/or matrix teams.
- Experience managing a budget to plan and delivering to meet financial goals.
- Experience interacting at the executive level.
- Experience managing application delivery.
- Experience managing high-level technical delivery.
- Experience influencing leadership and key stakeholders on technology solutions.
- Experience applying knowledge of the new processes and concepts in IT management, structure and organization.