Director of Data Privacy at CCC Information Services
At CCC, it’s all about connectivity we are a provider of innovative cloud, mobile, telematics, hyperscale technologies and services for the automotive, insurance, and collision repair industries. Our solutions and big data insights are delivered through our CCC ONE™ platform, which connects 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, original equipment manufacturers, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. Our platform, carwise.com , provides access to car-related services for millions of consumers. Auto Injury Solutions Inc., also a CCC company, provides casualty solutions to auto insurers for the handling of first and third-party claims. In short, our collective set of solutions make connected car, vehicle, and accident data actionable, informing decision-making, enhancing productivity, and helping customers deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
Job Description Summary
CCC is the leading provider of software, data, and insights to the automotive claims and parts markets as well as an industry leader in automotive telematics. CCC works with more than 350 insurance carriers – including many of the largest P&C carriers in the country – and more than 24,000 repair facilities, processing the majority of automotive claims in the U.S. Our software solutions connect the claims ecosystem including vehicle owners, property/casualty insurance carriers, automotive collision repairers, parts suppliers, and many others. CCC leads the industry in technology innovation, including the latest in mobile technology and real-world applications in artificial intelligence.
The Position: CCC is creating this new role as a result of the increasingly regulatory environment regarding privacy and the critical importance to CCC’s businesses. As our Director of Data Privacy, you will be responsible for leading our company’s data privacy strategy and advocacy. You will play an instrumental part in owning and driving strategic decisions, and overall data privacy strategy for the company. This role reports our CISO and will work closely with senior managers across the enterprise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Business, Accounting, Computer Science, relevant field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of relevant experience working in an advisory capacity with a focus on compliance or regulatory, and challenges related to security and privacy protection issues.
- Experience building and managing a data privacy program.
- Create and implement a data privacy capability that will act as interface between legal and business implementation, to include a establishing a program charter, privacy program definitions, policies and standards, and supporting processes.
- Advise legal of security best practices and data protection requirements as they relate to the implementation of them within technical environments and data handling processes
- Lead enterprise-wide privacy risk assessments to identify key privacy risks and prioritize privacy compliance efforts across IT operations
- Integrate privacy assessment findings with the IT risk management function.
- Interface with all levels of leadership to communicate privacy program status, privacy protection capabilities, and potential risks to the business.
- Establish a culture of privacy accountability and assurance within the organization, with a focus on product development and operational customer support.
- Enable privacy responsibilities while creating a privacy awareness within the organization.
- Create, communicate, and manage a master privacy controls register within the organization.
- Work with key stakeholders to create privacy controls frameworks aligning to the organization’s data operations, operational jurisdictions, and compliance responsibilities.
- Develop privacy controls descriptions for communication of privacy program capabilities and efforts with customers.